- "That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve...Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would...who would become my husband as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life."
- ―Peggy Carter
During World War II, Peggy Carter's husband served as a member of a battalion of over one thousand soldiers. While fighting behind the German line just outside Stalingrad, the entire battalion was trapped by a blizzard.
The battalion was pinned down by a HYDRA blockade for several months before they were rescued by Captain America in 1945. Following the war's end, he married Peggy, with whom he had a son and daughter.
- Peggy Carter † - Wife
- Sharon Carter - Niece
- Michael Carter † - Brother-in-Law
- Harrison Carter † - Father-in-Law
- Amanda Carter † - Mother-in-Law
- Steve Rogers/Captain America - Savior
- At the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International, Agent Carter producer Michele Fazekas stated that the series would address the identity of Peggy's husband: "We're aware that's a question that people are going to ask, and we will certainly hint at different options." Ultimately, however, the series was cancelled without providing a definitive answer.