- He was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Director for his work on Ant-Man
- When he was a teenager, Peyton Reed drew his punk band as the Avengers on a flyer, including himself as Ant-Man.
- Peyton Reed was originally set to direct the 20th Century Fox production Fantastic Four, before departing the project and being replaced by director Tim Story.
- He was Marvel Studios' second choice to direct Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Peyton Reed is a member of the Cardinal Family Singers alongside Norwood J. Cheek Jr.. He previously worked with him in Bring It On and Yes Man.
- Peyton Reed previously worked with Jon Wurster in Yes Man.