|Affiliation||Strategic Scientific Reserve|
|Location||Strategic Scientific Reserve Brooklyn Facility|
|Project Leader||Abraham Erskine|
|Contributors|| Howard Stark|
|Movie||Captain America: The First Avenger|
|TV series||Agent Carter (mentioned)|
|Comic|| Iron Man: Security Measures (mentioned)|
Captain America: First Vengeance
Project Rebirth, also called Operation Rebirth, was a secret US government project administered by the US Army to create Super Soldiers for its World War II efforts. Their first and only success was Steve Rogers who eventually became Captain America.
- "What was Project: Rebirth's goal?"
"That's still classified to all but Omega clearance, Coulson. But to give you an idea of its importance, what Stark has is just a prototype...a reject. The final product was lost... Although you can bet your life we'll never stop looking for it."
- ―Phil Coulson and Nick Fury
Steve Rogers was chosen by Abraham Erskine to become a Super Soldier with the Super Soldier Serum. The test was successful but Heinz Kruger shot Erskine and took the serum. After Erskine's death, Kruger ultimately committed suicide with a cyanide pill.
The serum was lost, as the vial Kruger had was destroyed in his flight from Rogers; the project was disbanded. Blood samples were taken from Rogers by scientists and Peggy Carter in hopes of recovering the serum;of the twelve samples taken, one was given to Howard Stark.
In chronological order:
- Captain America: First Vengeance
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- Agent Carter
- Iron Man: Security Measures (mentioned)
- In The Incredible Hulk the Super Soldier Program was labeled "Weapon Plus". In the comics, Project Rebirth was the first Weapon Plus program, labeled as "Weapon I", that continued to create projects over the decades.