Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The bow and arrow once was the pinnacle of weapons technology. It allowed the great Genghis Khan to rule from the Pacific, to the Ukraine. An empire TWICE the size of Alexander the Great, and FOUR times the size of the Roman Empire. But today, whoever holds the latest Stark weapons, rules these lands... and soon, it will be MY turn."
Raza Hamidmi Al-Wazar was a member of the Ten Rings, a terrorist organization, stationed somewhere in Afghanistan. Raza made deals with Obadiah Stane to kidnap Tony Stark in exchange for weapons. However when Stark escaped, Raza and his soldiers were betrayed and murdered by Stane.
- "You have until tomorrow, to assemble my missile."
- ―Raza to Tony Stark
Raza was a member of the terrorist group, the Ten Rings. Raza was initially contracted to kill Tony Stark during a weapons demonstration in Afghanistan by Obadiah Stane, a rival in Stark Industries who wanted control over the company. Raza's branch of the Ten Rings attacked and destroyed a U.S. Military convoy transporting Stark through the desert, but did not kill Stark immediately.
Upon discovering the importance of their target, Raza decided to detain Stark in an effort to make him construct a Jericho missile from stolen Stark Industries weapons that had been sold to the Middle East. Instead of constructing the missile, Stark built a suit of weaponized armor and fought his way out of the cave. In Stark's ensuing escape, he blew up the terrorists' camp and destroyed the amassed piles of Stark Industries weapons. Raza's face was badly burnt when Stark laid waste to the Ten Rings' encampment.
Rebuilding the Iron Man Armor
Raza and his men continued to ravage the region and expand their power using weapons purchased from Stark Industries through Obadiah Stane. When fighting in Gulmira, the small Afghan region that was home to Ho Yinsen, Iron Man arrived in his newly constructed Mark III Suit and began to systematically hunt down Ten Rings members. As Raza was driving away from Gulmira, he witnessed the explosion of his Jericho missiles being destroyed.
Raza also began to gather the pieces of the Mark I suit Stark had used to escape the cave and abandoned in the desert. Raza himself took part in the search and was eventually handed the Iron Man helmet, which he starred at with pure hatred, remembering the pain that Stark had put him through. He slowly began to reconstruct what was left of the armor and contacted Stane hoping to strike some sort of deal so he could rebuild his branch of the Ten Rings.
When Raza met with Stane to negotiate over Stark's abandoned armor in exchange for an army of armored soldiers, he explained to Stane how Stark had escaped and presented Stark's rebuilt armor. However Stane had no intention of striking a deal and paralyzed Raza with a Sonic Taser before having him and the militants killed and taking the armor back to his labs at Stark Industries Headquarters in Los Angeles.
- Iron Man - Former Hostage
- Ho Yinsen † - Former Hostage
- Obadiah Stane † - Contractor/Stark Industries Contact turned Enemy
- In the comics, Raza is an alien space pirate. Although unrelated, Raza's character in the movie mirrors his comic counterpart with the scars on his face. However, his role in Iron Man's origin is very similar to the role of Wong-Chu, a Vietnamese warlord from the comics who took Tony Stark prisoner in the jungles of South Vietnam.