- "Go get 'em, little guy."
- ―Sam Wilson
When Crossbones and a group of mercenaries stormed the IFID Headquarters to steal a bioweapon, Falcon used Redwing again to scan the building. Redwing managed to pinpoint Crossbones on the third floor.
While chasing the mercenaries who had split up, Black Widow encountered two of them and engaged in a fight. But when one of the mercenaries got the upper hand on Black Widow, Redwing took down one of the mercenaries saving Black Widow. Black Widow thanked Falcon who jokingly insisted she thanked and petted Redwing, but she refused.
While Falcon fought against the Sokovia Accords, Redwing was used to assist in taking down his opponents. When Spider-Man pinned down Falcon and Bucky with his webs, Falcon subtly used Redwing to grapple Spider-Man and fly him outside the terminal building. Falcon later used Redwing to temporarily disorientate Iron Man.
At the beginning of the Battle of Wakanda, some of the Outriders managed to penetrate the energy barrier. As they were charging towards the Wakandan army, Falcon shot them with his pistols and activated Redwing, which split into three parts and pierced in high speed through the Outriders. Redwing was presumably disintegrated when Falcon became one of the many who were wiped from existence by Thanos.
The Redwing is stored in a compartment at the back of the EXO-7 Falcon. It can be flown remotely by Falcon using a touch screen located on his left bracer. When launched, its miniature size allows it to scout the environment undetected and provides tactical data directly to Falcon's goggles.
- Flight: The Redwing is capable of flight and maneuverability equal to that of the EXO-7 Falcon. Its mobility is such that it can easily traverse tight spaces, such as underneath a moving vehicle, with ease, and it is able to move quickly and silently enough to move amongst a group of people without being noticed.
- Visual Linking and Scanner Vision: Redwing utilizes a specialized camera to view into 360 degrees and in multiple spectrums. It also has tracking software, allowing Falcon to be able to close in on hidden targets and determine an enemy's weakspots. The Redwing provides a visual of what it sees as well as tactical data that is fed directly into Falcon's goggles. It has a scanner vision with the ability to see through solid objects such as buildings or vehicles and discern its cargo, personnel, and weaponry.
- Grappling Proficiency: The Redwing is equipped with a projectile grappling handcuff line on its underside. It can use the grappling line to transport a passenger or drag off enemy combatants while in flight.
- Machine Guns: The Redwing has twin cannons that extend from both wings. Falcon used them to help Black Widow when she was cornered in the Lagos market.
- Splitting: Redwing is able to split into three parts while flying.
- In the comics, Redwing is an actual falcon and a close companion to Sam Wilson, with whom it shared a telepathic link - an ability bestowed upon Wilson by the Red Skull.