Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The Führer is not accustomed to being ignored, Herr Schmidt. He funds your research because you promised him weapons."
"You serve at his pleasure. He gave you this facility as a reward for your injuries."
"Reward? Call it what it is. Exile. I no longer reflect his image of Aryan perfection."
- ―Roeder, Schneider, and Johann Schmidt
Roeder joined the Nazis under Adolf Hitler's command, being among the first 100,000 people to do so, and over time he achieved the rank of Oberstgruppenführer (Colonel General) in the Nazi Schutzstaffel. He also conducted at least four or five acts of bravery within combat.
In 1943, Roeder and his two coleagues were sent by Hitler to Johann Schmidt's base to question him about the progress in developing advanced weapons for the Third Reich. During the tour over the base, Roeder himself said that Schmidt's HYDRA division failed to deliver so much as a single rifle in over a year.
Provoked, Schmidt showed Roeder and his colleagues his Tesseract powered cannon. However, they weren't impressed, thinking that Schmidt was mad for claiming that he harnessed the power of the gods. When Roeder's subordinate officer Hutter saw Berlin marked as one of Schmidt's targets on a map, Schmidt used the cannon to vaporize his three visitors with Roeder being the last.
- Uniform: During World War II, Roeder used a gray SS uniform, wearing the rank insignia of Oberstgruppenführer (Colonel general). He wore several military and political decorations on his uniform, including the Golden Party Badge, and the Iron Cross First Class.
- Nazi Germany
- Red Skull - Former Colleague turned Enemy and Killer
Behind the Scenes
- This character shares his surname with Admiral von Roeder, a Nazi villain from Marvel Comics.
- Roeder was named after Klaus Röder, a former member of the pre-Techno band Kraftwerk.
- ↑ He's seen wearing the Golden Party Badge on the left side of his uniform.
- ↑ He was seen wearing the Iron Cross First Class medal on the left side of his uniform, which requires three or for more acts of bravery against the enemy in combat beyond what was ordered than with the Second Class medal, which required a minimum of one such action.
- ↑ Captain America: The First Avenger