|For other uses, see Runaways (disambiguation)|
- "I wouldn't want to save the world with any other crew."
- ―Alex Wilder to the Runaways
The Runaways are a team of six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who unite against a common foe – their parents.
Annual PRIDE Charity Meeting
Alex Wilder decided to invite his former friends over to his house on the night of the annual PRIDE meeting. When he arrived at school, he approached Chase Stein in class about getting together but he refused; Gert Yorkes overheard the conversation and refused too. Karolina Dean was then brought into the conversation and got an argument with Gert over her religion, and abruptly left the classroom while Gert ultimately decided hanging out would be a bad idea. Defeated, Alex went to search for Nico Minoru to personally invite her over. After finding Nico in front of a picture of her sister, Alex confessed to her how much he misses her. After his confession, Nico pretended to have not heard him and walked away.
During the PRIDE meeting, Alex realized his friends weren't coming so he decided to sulk in the guest house. He decided to text an old group photo to all of them, hoping it would sway them to come to his house. After being assaulted at a party, Karolina decided she didn't want to go home, so she left with Chase to take Alex's invitation. Meanwhile Molly had a terrifying encounter with a dinosaur in her own home, so she urged Gert to take her to Alex's house as well. Nico had failed a Wicca ritual to bring her sister back from the dead, so she defeatedly arrived at Wilder Mansion around the same time as everyone else.
While inside the guest room, everyone began to argue over why they stopped hanging out together in the first place. After getting frustrated with talking about Amy Minoru, Chase left the guest house to go into Geoffrey Wilder's study for a bottle of liquor. Everyone else followed, and Nico was perplexed as to why she found her mom's purse in the room. Alex then went to go get a coaster for Gert's drink and it revealed a secret passage behind the bookshelves of the study.
Witnessing a Sacrifice
The group decided to then go into the secret passageway and discovered a balcony which overlooked a large room and contained a mysterious barrier. In the room, they saw each of their parents dressed in red robes preforming some kind of ritual. They then brought out a girl, who Karolina recognized as Destiny Gonzalez from her church. She was then forced to drink mysterious liquid which made her collapse, ultimately allowing the PRIDE to undress her and carry her into a box. The kids remained perplexed and Molly accidentally set off her phone flashlight in the attempt to get a better look of the ritual. The flash confused the PRIDE but the kids were able to run out before being seen.
This section requires expansion
- Name: Alex Wilder
- Description: Alex Wilder is a loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free-time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.
- Name: Nico Minoru
- Description: Nico Minoru is a tough, intelligent, independent and embodies teenage angst. A budding Wiccan, Nico's carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.
- Name: Karolina Dean
- Description: Karolina Dean, model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.
- Name: Gert Yorkes
- Description: Gert Yorkes is a purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.
- Name: Chase Stein
- Description: Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father's.
- Name: Molly Hernandez
- Description: Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.
- Church of Gibborim
- Los Angeles Police Department
|Appearances for Runaways|
In chronological order:
- In the series, Alex Wilder purposes "Runaways" as the name of their group, but it dismissed by the other members of the team.