To be added
- In the comics, Sakaar was near a single wormhole called the Great Portal. Hulk was exiled to Sakaar by the Illuminati, where he became a powerful gladiator and led an uprising against the Red King, the ruler of the planet.
- The buildings of Sakaar are made up of an assortment of scrap metals.
- Taika Waititi stated that he wanted to evoke Jack Kirby's distinct art style in the buildings of Sakaar.
- On the Grandmaster's building there are sculptures of Man-Thing, Beta Ray Bill, Ares, and Bi-Beast alongside Hulk. Those characters were presumably the previous champions of Sakaar's arena.
- In the summary of the Thor: Ragnarok Junior Novelization, the gladiator battles on Sakaar are referred to as "an alien contest of champions." This is a reference the Contest of Champions. In the comics, the Grandmaster put on two contests both of which involved using heroes from Earth as gladiators. The first contest featured the Grandmaster facing off against Death in order to resurrect the Collector. The second contest featured 12 of the Elders of the Universe contending for who would gain a new supply of the Power Primordial.