- "I didn't ask you to get me out."
"I gave you the gift of freedom. You don't get to keep it unless you cure me."
"Well, you can't put me back in. My lawyer says I'm free and clear."
- ―Shane Ryback and Jeri Hogarth
Shane Ryback was an inmate and an elaborate con-artist.
Life in Prison
Freedom at a Price
- "I am the best lawyer you can't afford. I win. That's what I do. My clients don't sit around rotting in jail for a year."
"You can't get me out of here."
"I read your file, the charges. There's no way the DA is gonna want to go to trial with what they've got. Not against me. But you're gonna have to give me something in return."
- ―Jeri Hogarth and Shane Ryback
This section requires expansion
Ryback had been visited by lawyer Jeri Hogarth. Upon introducing herself, he questioned why she sought an interest in his case, as he had already had a lawyer representing him despite never getting his name correct. Confessing that she would bargain his sentencing for him to heal her, Ryback cited that he did not perform healings but reluctantly agreed, holding his hand out to hers. Using his hands, he began to act out in hysterics, calling out to the guards to return him to his cell.
The day after performing his healing ritual on Hogarth, Ryback and Green had collected a variety of her property within the apartment. They soon traveled throughout the pawn shops in the city and settled in a residence.
- "He's a con artist. You were homeless, while he was using women to build his nest egg."
"No. It's not like that. He needs me."
"He needs someone damaged and desperate enough to manipulate. After all the shit you've been through at IGH and on the street... He used it to whore you out to me."
- ―Jeri Hogarth and Inez Green
To be added
- Expert Thief: To be added
In chronological order:
- Jessica Jones