Shocker's Gauntlet is a mechanical gauntlet used by Jackson Brice and Herman Schultz under the alias of Shocker. Originally a discarded gauntlet from Crossbones' battlefield suit, Tinkerer used salvaged alien technology to modify them.
The gauntlet was initially a part of Crossbones' Battlefield Suit. However, during the Attack on the IFID Headquarters, Captain America managed to rip off one of Crossbones' gauntlets and threw it on the ground. Following the aftermath of the battle, the discarded gauntlet was retrieved by the Department of Damage Control and was subsequently stolen by Adrian Toomes and in turn modified by Tinkerer. The updated gauntlet was intended for sale on the black market by Toomes' associate Jackson Brice, who often demonstrated the weapon to potential sellers under the moniker of Shocker.
After Spider-Man intrudes on an arms deal and is accidentally forced to let his presence be known, he engages in a fight with Shocker and his partner Herman Schultz. In order to defend himself, Shocker equipped himself with the gauntlet and punched Spider-Man, and then proceeded to shoot at him him with a Chitauri Gun multiple times. Unable to shake him off, Schultz called Toomes to help them as they returned back to their base of operation.
At headquarters, Brice relished over the aftermath of the fight, although Toomes berated him for his reckless antics. As Brice attempted to brush off Toomes' words, Toomes fired him from the crew. Angered, Brice threatened to expose Toomes' actions and was then killed as a result by Toomes, who took the gauntlet from his remains and passed it down to Schultz, appointing him to be the new Shocker.
This section requires expansion
The gauntlet was employed on the Staten Island Ferry. When Spider-Man attacked the weapons deal that Herman Schultz was supervising, Schultz quickly put on the gauntlet, charging Spider-Man while swinging the weapon, only for the web-slinger to dodge at the last minute, causing his gauntlet to be embedded in the boat's railing. Spider-Man quickly webbed Schultz to the railing to prevent his escape.
When Spider-Man, clad in his homemade suit, went out into the bus yard to chase down Adrian Toomes, he was ambushed by Schultz, who stated that Spider-Man had made the wrong choice. After remarking on Spider-Man's "crappy suit", Schultz started beating Spider-Man around the bus yard, with Spider-Man, having lost his web-shooters, powerless to fight back. Before Schultz could finish him off however, he was stopped by Ned Leeds, who provided a distraction long enough for Spider-Man to retrieve his web-shooters and web Schultz to a bus. Before it was retrieved by the police, Tiny McKeever took the gauntlet from Shocker, and cheerily showed it around to his friend in a video.
- "You know, I wasn't sure about this at first, but now... damn!"
- ―Herman Schultz
- Shock Emission: Shocker's gauntlet can generate and release powerful blasts of electric shocks that, when used on a human being, can propel them a great distance away and also subdue them.
- Strength Enhancement: The gauntlet possesses hydraulic functions that grant the user superhuman strength. They boost the wearer's physical attributes enough that they can combat enhanced individuals.
- Power Dampener: The gauntlet possesses a power dampener that needs to activated when the user is fighting, otherwise the strength would be too much and their forearm would shatter.
- In the comics, Shocker created his vibro-shock gauntlets while in prison and later upgraded them into a suit.