The Skrulls are a scientifically, militaristic and technologically advanced race of extraterrestrial reptilian humanoids that are capable of shapeshifting.
to be added
- In the comics, Skrulls are a race of alien shapeshifters bent on invading Earth as an advantage in their prolonged war with the Kree. One of their major feats was to replace many of Earth's heroes with Skrull operatives in what was called the Secret Invasion.
- In the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Eye-Spy, a Skrull writing appeared alongs the Words of Creation on a chalkboard in Todorov Building.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the Skrull alphabet from the comics is used on various computer screens.
Behind the Scenes
- On July 22, 2017, San Diego Comic Con 2017, the first details of Captain Marvel were unveiled. Among them was the reveal that the Skrulls would be the main antagonists.
- The cinematic rights to the Skrulls are co-owned by 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios, similar to the rights for the Watchers, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. However, certain Skrulls and Watchers characters were owned completely by Fox such as Kl'rt and Uatu. However, with the acquisition of 20th Century Fox by Walt Disney Studios in December 2017, Marvel Studios have regained sole cinematic rights to all Marvel properties previously owned by Fox, including the Skrulls.
- James Gunn considered implementing the Skrulls in one of the Guardians of Galaxy movies, but it did not work out.
- In one of the drafts for The Avengers, the Skrulls would have been the main villain but it was opted to use the Chitauri instead, due to their simpler background.