The Skrulls are a scientifically, militaristic and technologically advanced race of extraterrestrial reptilian humanoids that are capable of shapeshifting.
The Skrulls have existed for centuries and have locked in a war against their sworn enemies the Kree.
- In the comics, Skrulls are a race of alien shapeshifters bent on invading Earth as an advantage in their prolonged war with the Kree. One of their major feats was to replace many of Earth's heroes with Skrull operatives in what was called the Secret Invasion.
- In the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Eye-Spy, a Skrull writing appeared alongs the Words of Creation on a chalkboard in Todorov Building.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the Skrull alphabet from the comics is used on various computer screens.
- In one of the drafts for The Avengers, the Skrulls would have been the main villian but because copyright problems with Twentith Century Fox, the idea wasn't used.
- The Skrulls debuted initially as Fantastic Four villains before becoming foes to other superheroes in the Marvel Universe.
Behind the Scenes
- On July 22, 2017, San Diego Comic Con 2017, the first details of Captain Marvel were unveiled. Among them, was the reveal that the Skrulls would be the main antagonists.
- The cinematic rights to the Skrulls are co-owned by 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios, similar to the rights for the Watchers, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. However, certain Skrulls and Watchers characters are owned completely by Fox.
- James Gunn considered implementing the Skrulls in one of the Guardians of Galaxy movies, but it did not work out.