|For other uses, see Spider-Man (disambiguation)|
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a 2017 superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. A reboot of the Spider-Man franchise, the film is a sequel to Captain America: Civil War and is the sixteenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well as the fourth installment of Phase Three. It was released on July 5, 2017 internationally and on July 7, 2017 in the United States.
The film is directed by Jon Watts and stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture, Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Marisa Tomei as May Parker, Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan, Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Zendaya as Michelle Jones, Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds, Laura Harrier as Liz Toomes, Logan Marshall-Green as Jackson Brice/Shocker, Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz/Shocker, Donald Glover as Aaron Davis/Prowler and Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason/Tinkerer.
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging superhero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.
Following the Battle of New York, Tony Stark and the federal government create the U.S. Department of Damage Control (D.O.D.C.), driving salvage company owner Adrian Toomes out of business. Toomes convinces his crew to not surrender the Chitauri technology already scavenged from the Battle of New York and use it to further a criminal agenda. Years later, the crew are making big on exotic weapons deals, and Toomes begins wearing a winged harness that gives him the ability to fly.
Following the Avengers' internal dispute and the Flughafen Leipzig-Halle battle in Germany, Peter Parker resumes his studies after Stark tells him he is not yet ready to become an Avenger. Over the objections of his Aunt May, Peter quits his school's decathlon team in order to spend more time focusing on his "Stark Industries Internship", which is a cover for his crimefighting activities as Spider-Man. One night, after preventing Toomes' associates from robbing an ATM, Peter returns to his Queens apartment, where his best friend, Ned Leeds, discovers his secret identity.
The next day, Ned pesters Peter all day about his abilities as Spider-Man. During gym class that day, Ned accidentally says Peter knows Spider-Man after hearing a conversation with Liz and her friends. That night, Peter is forced to go to Liz's party.
While changing into Spider-Man, Peter comes across Toomes' associates Herman Schultz and Jackson Brice selling Chitauri weaponry to local gangster Aaron Davis. Peter nearly drowns while intervening, but is rescued by Stark, who is monitoring the Spider-Man suit he gave Parker and warns him against involvement with the dangerous criminals. Later, angry with Brice for jeopardizing the operation, Toomes accidentally kills him with one of their weapons, and Shultz becomes the new shocker.
Retrieving a Chitauri weapon left behind by Brice, Peter works with Ned to remove the power core. A tracking device leads Schultz to Midtown School of Science and Technology, but Peter and Ned manage to evade him. After planting his own tracking device on Schultz and learning that it leads to Maryland, Peter rejoins the decathlon team and accompanies them to Washington, D.C. for Nationals. Working with Ned, Peter disables the tracker implanted in his Spider-Man Suit and unlocks all its secret features, including the built-in AI that Peter later names Karen.
He later tries to stop Toomes from stealing weapons from a D.O.D.C. truck but ends up being overpowered and trapped inside the truck, causing him to miss Nationals. When he discovers that the Chitauri power core is unstable, Peter tracks Ned to the Washington Monument, arriving just as the core explodes and traps Ned in an elevator. Evading local authorities, Peter manages to save Ned and his fellow classmates, including his love interest, Liz, before the elevator plummets.
Returning to New York City, Peter persuades Davis to reveal Toomes' whereabouts. Confronting Toomes and his associates at the Staten Island Ferry, Peter captures the group's new buyer Mac Gargan, but Toomes escapes after a malfunctioning weapon tears the ferry in half. Stark helps Peter save the passengers before admonishing him for his recklessness and takes the suit away. Without being Spider-Man, Peter spends the following days bored at school.
While picking up Liz for Midtown's annual homecoming dance, Peter learns that she is Toomes' daughter. Deducing Peter's secret identity, Toomes threatens retaliation if he continues to interfere with his plans. During the dance, Peter realizes Toomes is planning to hijack the Stark cargo plane transporting weaponry from Avengers Tower to the team's new headquarters in upstate New York. He leaves the dance, dons his homemade Spider-Man suit and races to Toomes' lair to confront him.
He is first ambushed by Schultz, but defeats him with the help of Ned. Peter then confronts Toomes in the lair, who attempts to persuade him to his side. When Peter refuses, Toomes destroys the building's support beams and leaves him to die under the rubble. Peter overcomes his self-doubt and escapes, before intercepting Toomes onboard the now-damaged plane and steering it towards the beach near Coney Island. The two engage in a confrontation that ends with Peter saving Toomes' life from his own unstable equipment and leaving him for the police.
Sometime later, Peter learns that Liz is moving away and that classmate Michelle "MJ" Jones will be replacing her as president of the decathlon team. After receiving a call from Happy Hogan, Peter was asked to visit the New Avengers Facility. Later, Stark offers Peter the new Spider suit and an invitation to join the Avengers. Peter declines Stark's invitation and inspires Stark to bring an engagement ring to a press conference where Pepper Potts is present. Upon returning home, Peter discovers that Stark has returned his upgraded suit and puts it on just as May walks into his room.
In prison, an incarcerated Gargan approaches Toomes inside the prison and explains that several criminals are banding together to exact vengeance against Spider-Man. When pressured by Gargan about Spider-Man's identity, Toomes denies any knowledge.
In a post-credits scene, Captain America takes part in a public service announcement centering on the importance of patience, and explains how patience can be the key to victory but can also lead to something disappointing after waiting so long. Tired, he then asks how many more announcements he has to make.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Zendaya as Michelle Jones
- Donald Glover as Aaron Davis/Prowler
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Laura Harrier as Liz Toomes
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz/Shocker #2
- Tyne Daly as Anne Marie Hoag
- Abraham Attah as Abe Brown
- Hannibal Buress as Coach Wilson
- Kenneth Choi as Principal Morita
- Selenis Leyva as Monica Warren
- Angourie Rice as Betty Brant
- Martin Starr as Roger Harrington
- Garcelle Beauvais as Doris Toomes
- Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason/Tinkerer
- Michael Mando as Mac Gargan
- Logan Marshall-Green as Jackson Brice/Shocker #1
- Jennifer Connelly as Karen/Suit Lady
- Gary Weeks as Agent Foster
- Christopher Berry as Randy Vale
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Jason Ionello
- Tunde Adebimpe as Mr. Cobbwell
- Tiffany Espensen as Cindy Moon
- Isabella Amara as Sally Avril
- Michael Barbieri as Charles Murphy
- J.J. Totah as Seymour O'Reilly
- Hemky Madera as Mr. Delmar
- Stan Lee as Gary
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Kerry Condon as F.R.I.D.A.Y.
- John Penick as Barry Hapgood
- Ethan Dizon as Tiny McKeever
- New York City, New York
- New Avengers Facility, New York
- Washington, D.C.
- Berlin, Germany (footage)
- Kurhotel Ströszek (footage)
- Schkeuditz, Germany
- Flughafen Leipzig-Halle (footage)
- New Jersey (mentioned)
- Fort Sumter, South Carolina (mentioned)
- Sokovia (mentioned)
- Lagos, Nigeria (mentioned)
- Oregon (mentioned)
- Tucson, Arizona (mentioned)
- Robbery at Queens Community Bank
- Adrian Toomes' Campaign
- Battle of New York (flashback & mentioned)
- Battle at the Triskelion (mentioned)
- Battle of Sokovia (mentioned)
- Attack on the IFID Headquarters (mentioned)
- Clash of the Avengers (footage and mentioned)
- Battle of Fort Sumter (mentioned)
- Spider-Man Suit
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLVII
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLII
- Chitauri Technology
- Vulture's Exo-Suit
- Crossbones' Gauntlet (mentioned)
- A Film by Peter Parker
- Captain America's Fitness Challenge
- Midtown News
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLVI (footage)
- Captain America's Shield (footage and mentioned)
- War Machine Armor: Mark III (footage)
- Panther Habit (footage)
- Ant-Man Suit (footage)
- Sokovia Accords (mentioned)
- Sub Ultron (mentioned)
- Black Hole Grenade (mentioned)
- Hydrogen (mentioned)
- Uranium (mentioned)
- Strontium (mentioned)
- Barium (mentioned)
- Vibranium (mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLIV (mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLIII (mentioned)
- Iron Man Armor: Mark XLV (mentioned)
- Megingjörð (mentioned)
- Chicken paprikash (mentioned)
- New York City Police Department
- Metropolitan Police Department
- United States Capitol Police
- Stark Industries
- Department of Damage Control
- Adrian Toomes' Crew
- Fox News
- Korean Church of Asgard
- New York State Department of Corrections
- Howling Commandos (photo)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (mentioned)
- NASA (logo)
- CIA (mentioned)
- NSA (mentioned)
- Midtown Tigers (news footage, deleted scene)
- Flatbush Asgardians (news footage, deleted scene)
- New York Mets (mentioned)
- HYDRA (mentioned; deleted scene)
- Ben Parker (indirectly mentioned)
- Miles Morales (mentioned)
- War Machine (screen footage)
- Black Widow (screen footage, mentioned and drawing)
- Black Panther (screen footage)
- Ant-Man (screen footage as Giant-Man)
- Thor (mentioned and drawing)
- Howard Stark (photograph and mentioned)
- Abraham Erskine (photograph)
- Bruce Banner/Hulk (photograph, mentioned and drawing)
- Bucky Barnes (photograph)
- Jim Morita (photograph)
- Dum Dum Dugan (photograph)
- Jacques Dernier (photograph)
- James Montgomery Falsworth (photograph)
- Gabe Jones (photograph)
- Delmar's Daughter
- Ned Leeds' Mother
- Flash Thompson's Father
- Hawkeye (drawing)
- Tabitha Harrington
- Ms. Ronda Kramer (footage)
- Ms. Berman
- Chris Buongiorno
- Death Star
- Charles Darwin (photograph)
- Albert Einstein (photograph)
- Galileo Galilei (photograph)
- Isaac Newton (photograph)
- Nikola Tesla (photograph)
- Marie Curie (photograph)
- Lise Meitner (photograph)
- Johannes Kepler (photograph)
- Niels Bohr (photograph and mentioned)
- Enrico Fermi (photograph and mentioned)
- David Brewster (photograph)
- Thomas Young (photograph)
- YouTube (mentioned)
- Davy Crockett (mentioned)
- Frank Sinatra (mentioned)
- Bon Jovi (mentioned)
- Bruce Springsteen (mentioned)
- Moon of Saturn (mentioned)
- Second law of thermodynamics (mentioned)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (screen footage)
According to Kevin Feige, Spider-Man: Homecoming was set to begin production in June 2016. “We literally just crossed the halfway mark of Captain America: Civil War last week, it’s day 42 or 43 of 80. We start filming Doctor Strange in London in November. We start shooting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in February-March . We start filming Thor: Ragnarok and Spider-Man around the same time, around June of next year.”
On April 12, 2016, the movie's title was officially confirmed to be "Spider-Man: Homecoming". On April 13, it was reported that Michael Keaton was in negotiations for the role of an unknown villain, but he dropped out of the project one week later.
Later in the month, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Tony Stark / Iron Man in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
On May 20, 2016, Keaton was reportedly back in talks, and entered in final negotiations.
On July 23, 2016, at San Diego Comic Con, a number of roles were confirmed including Michael Keaton as the Vulture and Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson. They also unveiled the first piece of footage, showing Peter in high school.
On September 23, Tom Holland officially wrapped his scenes in Atlanta and moved to New York City.
On October 3, the principal photography of the movie wrapped production.
|Time to Pretend||MGMT||
|Act My Age||Hoodie Allen||
|Theme from The Avengers||Alan Silvestri|
|Can't You Hear Me Knocking||The Rolling Stones||
|A Buena Vista||Soneros de Verdad|
|Blitzkreig Bop||The Ramones|
|The Queens Community Bank Jingle||Andrea Datzman|
|In The Air||Craig Craig||
|Rise To The Top||Kill The Giant|
|Do It Betta||Scip The Great|
|Aye Yo Gee||Icy Black|
|Going Up the Country||Canned Heat|
|Cineramascope (feat. Trombone Shorty and Cory Henry)||Galactic||
|La Consequencia||SWJ Mafia|
|Save It for Later||The English Beat|
|The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys||Traffic||
|Moon Over Bangkok|
|Space Age Love Song||A Flock of Seagulls||
|Yodeler's Dance||Hollywood Trailer Music Orchestra||
- ↑ NEW SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SYNOPSIS AHEAD OF TRAILER CONFIRMS VULTURE
- ↑ Kevin Feige Reveals When SPIDER-MAN, THOR 3, and More Start Filming
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Loses Michael Keaton as the Villain
- ↑ Robert Downey Jr. Joins The Cast Of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- ↑ Michael Keaton Closing Deal to Play Villain in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- ↑ Donald Glover Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/logan-marshall-green-spider-man-903670
- ↑ Martin Starr Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- ↑ SDCC 2016: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Introduces Its Villain
- ↑ 'Spider-Man: Homecoming': Tom Holland Jet Sets From Atlanta Into New York
- ↑ SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Wraps Filming With An Exhausted Cast And Crew
|Captain America: Civil War • Doctor Strange • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 • Spider-Man: Homecoming • Thor: Ragnarok • Black Panther • Avengers: Infinity War • Ant-Man and the Wasp • Captain Marvel • Untitled Avengers Movie|