Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For other uses, see Spider-Man (disambiguation)|
Originally, Peter Parker wore a homemade suit consisting of cheap red and blue clothing, red fingerless gloves with black webbing designs on them and black squinted goggles to fight crime in New York City; he hid this suit from his aunt May by hiding it in a loft above his room which came down on a rope whenever someone opened it. Parker apparently abandoned this suit when Tony Stark visited him and decided to make him a new suit after jokingly mocking it.
Tony Stark constructed a new-and-improved suit for Peter Parker after visiting him and seeing the old costume he used to fight crime as Spider-Man. This new suit was more tight fitting and the exact same color as his old suit. He used this suit at the Clash of the Avengers to fight Captain America's faction.
- Web-Shooters: The suit has web-shooters strapped onto the wrists that allow Spider-Man to discharge synthetic webbing for various purposes. It is presumed that the web-shooters were made from old parts that Peter got from the garbage. These were the only part of the costume which Tony Stark didn't mock.
- Black Goggles: Peter relied on wearing black goggles which had little slits in the lenses for Peter to see out of, Tony Stark mocked these while putting them on, quoting 'Lordy! Can you even see in these?', to which Peter replied that he could see in them and that they helped him to focus, stating that his senses had been 'dialed up to 11'.
- Eye Lenses: Spider-Man's eye lenses appear to be modeled after camera shutters, giving him a squinting look when they close in and provide him a greater depth of field. This mechanism also helps Parker filter out extra stimuli.
- Upgraded Web-Shooters: The suit has web-shooters strapped onto the wrists that allow Spider-Man to discharge synthetic webbing for various purposes. These shooters were more modern and streamlined.
- Utility Belt: The belt attached to the suit can hold at least six spare web-cartridges used as refill for Spider-Man's web-shooters.
- Web Wings: An upgrade from Tony Stark that allows him to glide in the air.
- In the comics, Peter Parker created his Spider-Man suit himself, while Tony Stark created the Iron Spider Armor for him during the Civil War.
- The camera shutter-like eye lenses may refer to Peter Parker's occupation as a freelance photographer for the Daily Bugle in the comics. It can also refer to numerous times in the comics where his eyes would seem to be moving even though he's wearing a mask.
Behind the Scenes
- The suit's design is inspired by the classic Steve Ditko era Spider-Man costume.
- The suit was entirely a CGI creation for Captain America: Civil War, but an actual costume was created for Spider-Man: Homecoming, to be worn by Tom Holland.