- ―Stan Lee's trademark quote
Stan Lee, also known as Stan The Man, born Stanley Lieber, is one of the first and most prolific writers/creators of the Marvel Universe. Along with such greats as Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, Lee created Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, the Avengers, Spider-Man, Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, Groot, and many other well known characters.
He portrayed the Watcher Informant in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and the two upcoming films Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
He also made a cameo appearance in the music video Guardians Inferno.
He served as a executive producer on Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming.
He personally wrote the tie-in comic Captain America: Evil Lurks Everywhere.
Stan Lee has played small parts in every Marvel Cinematic Universe film and TV series to date. These cameos were revealed in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to be the same person, the Watcher Informant.
- Iron Man - Himself, mistaken for Hugh Hefner by Tony Stark.
- The Incredible Hulk - A man poisoned by a drink laced with the Hulk's blood.
- Iron Man 2 - Larry King, mistaken for Larry King by Tony Stark.
- Thor - Man who tries to move Thor's hammer using his truck.
- Captain America: The First Avenger - An elderly general.
- The Avengers - A man being interviewed on television who didn't believe in super heroes. Also, in a deleted scene, he told Steve Rogers to ask the waitress for her number.
- Iron Man 3 - Beauty pageant judge.
- Thor: The Dark World - Mental patient.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Smithsonian security guard.
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Xandarian Ladies' Man. In a deleted scene, that was only shot with a double his original cameo was for him be an exhibit in the Collector's Museum where he gives Groot the middle finger.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron - World War II Veteran.
- Ant-Man - Bartender seen during Luis' flashback of Falcon looking for Ant-Man.
- Captain America: Civil War - FedEx Driver, mistaking Tony Stark as "Tony Stank".
- Doctor Strange - Bus Passenger, reading The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Watcher Informant, talking to the Watchers
- Spider-Man: Homecoming - Gary, chastised Spider-Man for making noise.
- Thor: Ragnarok - Man on Sakaar who cuts Thor's hair.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode T.R.A.C.K.S. - Train passenger.
- Agent Carter episode The Blitzkrieg Button - Man next to Howard Stark.
- Daredevil episode Daredevil - Captain Irving Forbush, pictured on the wall.
- Jessica Jones episode AKA Top Shelf Perverts - Captain Irving Forbush, pictured on the wall.
- Daredevil episode Dogs to a Gunfight - Captain Irving Forbush, pictured on the wall.
- Luke Cage episode Soliloquy of Chaos - Captain Irving Forbush, pictured on the wall.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot episode Vendetta - Picture inside Coulson's box.
- Iron Fist episode Dragon Plays with Fire - Captain Irving Forbush, pictured on the wall.
- The Defenders episode Worst Behavior - Captain Irving Forbush, pictured on the wall.
- Stan Lee is one of the actors who have portrayed multiple characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Stan Lee has also had cameos in several non-Marvel Cinematic Universe films based on Marvel properties. He portrayed Willie Lumpkin, an actual character in the comics, in the 2005 Fantastic Four film.
- Stan Lee is the first actor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe who portrayed characters based on real life people.
- The character of Stanley Lieber in The Incredible Hulk is inspired by Stan Lee.
- In the Luke Cage episode Take It Personal, it is mentioned that Willis Stryker attended Lieber Academy in his youth.
- Stan Lee's appearance as a World War II veteran in Avengers: Age of Ultron is a reference to his actual military career during the war.
- Stan Lee is the only actor to appear in all Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, although all his appearances are cameos.
- In Stan Lee's cameo in Avengers: Age of Ultron, after getting drunk, Stan Lee says "Excelsior", the same phrase with which he ended his weekly "Stan's Soapbox," which appeared in every Marvel comic book.
- In Stan Lee's Guardians of the Galaxy cameo, when Rocket profiles him, "Excelsior!" can be seen written in the Skrull letters.
- Lee filmed his cameos in Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok on the same day due to his advanced age. James Gunn, the director of the Guardians of the Galaxy films, helped direct the cameos.
- Stan Lee will get a Life Story Movie that will be a 1970s-Set Action-Adventure Movie.
- On September 27, 2016, the Los Angeles City Council officially dedicated October 28 as Stan Lee Day.
- Following the theatrical release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Kevin Feige "admitted" that all the cameos portrayed by Lee across Marvel Cinematic Universe were actually the same character.