- "Sometimes, the thing you're searching for your whole life is right there by your side all along."
Peter Jason Quill is a half-human, half-Celestial who was abducted from Earth by the Yondu Ravager Clan in 1988. After his abduction, he began building fame as the legendary outlaw Star-Lord. In 2014, he decided to leave the Ravagers and operate individually, starting by stealing a precious artifact known as the Orb, unintentionally becoming a key player in the Quest for the Orb. Following his arrest, he forged an uneasy alliance with fellow inmates Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot, and formed the Guardians of the Galaxy team with them a short while later in order to stop Ronan the Accuser from destroying Xandar. After the Battle of Xandar, he left with the other Guardians to do "a little bit of bad and a little bit of good".
A few months later, he and the other Guardians were hired by Ayesha and the Sovereign to defend inter-dimensional batteries from an Abilisk. However, after Rocket stole some of the batteries, Ayesha sent the Sovereign fleet after them, with the Guardians being saved when the fleet is destroyed by Ego, Quill's father, whom Quill had never met before. Quill spent a few days bonding with his father, but when Ego revealed that he was responsible for Meredith Quill's death, Quill allied with his fellow Guardians to prevent Ego's quest to terraform the universe. After killing Ego, Quill became the new leader and captain of the Yondu Ravager Clan and continued to lead the Guardians of the Galaxy.
This section requires expansion
Peter Quill was born in 1980 to Meredith Quill, a human, and Ego, a Celestial, making him a hybrid of the two. His conception was all as part of a plot set up by his father to produce a second Celestial with whose power he could use to complete the Expansion, which involved assimilating millions of worlds into Ego's very being. Peter was only one in thousands of different children that Ego conceived over the course of millions of years, though all who came before were thrown aside and killed, failing to meet Ego's expectations.
Quill never knew his father, as Ego left Earth shortly after his son was conceived. Quill grew up in Missouri under the care of his mother and grandfather. Throughout his childhood, Quill became something of a wild child, getting into numerous fights. He became very close to his mother, brought together some of her favorite songs from her childhood into a mix tape she titled "Awesome Mix Vol. 1". When other children asked where his father was, Peter told them that his dad was David Hasselhoff.
Losing his Mother
When he was eight years old, Quill's mother became afflicted with a terminal brain cancer that was, unknowingly, caused by Ego, who feared that his growing attachment to Meredith would turn him away from his Expansion plan. His mother's illness became much worse over time, and shortly before she died, she gave Quill a present and a note attached to it. In her final moments, she begged Quill to hold her hand, but he could not bear to look at her. She died seconds later, leaving Quill distraught and screaming for her as he was pulled from the room by his grandfather.
Directly after her death, Quill ran out of the hospital crying, and was suddenly abducted from Earth by the Ravagers. Their mission was to take him to his father in deep space but their leader, Yondu Udonta, knew very well of Ego's nature and plans. So, he instead decided that they would keep Quill as their own and chose never to tell him about his father.
Raised by Ravagers
- "Twenty years, you been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me. Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it! You abducted me, man. You stole me from my home and from my family."
- ―Peter Quill to Yondu Udonta
The Ravagers taught Quill how to be the perfect thief. As he grew older, Quill started going by the name Star-Lord, which was a nickname given to him by his mother. Yondu Udonta gave Quill an M-ship when he was ten years old, that Quill named the Milano, after his childhood crush Alyssa Milano. Quill's extensive Nova Corps criminal record includes 1 count of fraud, 2 counts of public intoxication, 1 count of assault and 1 count of illegal manipulation of a Garmosian Duchess. Though Rhomann Dey picked him up for petty theft on one of Quill's capers, the charge was not put on his record.
Discovering The Orb
- "How do you know about this?"
"I don't even know what that is. I'm just a junker, man, I'm just checking stuff out."
- ―Korath the Pursuer and Star-Lord
Living in space for 26 years, Quill built up a reputation as the self-proclaimed legendary outlaw "Star-Lord" and continued to work for Yondu Udonta. During his time with the Ravagers, Quill had became disloyal to them, eventually planning to leave. When Udonta was given a job by the Broker to steal a mysterious item called the Orb from Morag, Quill decided to steal the Orb for himself and flew to the planet.
Quill flew his ship to Morag where he used his Holographic Map to locate an ancient temple where he believed the Orb was being held. As Star-Lord and made his way through all of the various traps and dangers waiting for him in a temple, including little Orloni which had attempted to attack him; he kept himself entertained as he went through the temple by playing his own Walkman and danced to the music. When Star-Lord eventually managed to locate the Orb inside the Temple Vault, he found it unprotected and so proceeded to use one of his Gravity Mines to pull it out of it's shielded display and steal it, finding the job much easier than he had expected.
However just as he prepared to get away with his prize, Star-Lord was attacked by Korath the Pursuer and his team of Sakaarans who demanded that he drop the Orb. When Star-Lord tried to claim that he was just a junker, Korath noted that he was clearly a member of the Ravagers. Not believing his stories, Korath then ordered his men to take Star-Lord back to Ronan the Accuser for questioning as Star-Lord's name clearly did not impress Korath at all.
Quill was able to distract Korath and killed his Sakaaran soldiers by using his Plasma Sphere before he then shot Korath with his Quad Blasters. Believing he was now safe, Star-Lord picked the Orb up and made his escape while being chased down by Korath. Star-Lord used his jet boots to pick up speed as he made it to the Milano and used the Gravity Mine again to stop the other soldiers from shooting at him, all while Korath furiously ran closely behind him.
Having taken off his helmet, Star-Lord started up his ship and flew away from Morag while Korath still shot at him from a large canon, forcing Star-Lord to use his flying skills to dodge the blasts. Once he had gotten away from the Kree soldier, Star-Lord confidently began cheering until he accidentally flew into a blast of steam which almost caused him to crashland until he was just able to regain control of his ship and then continued to make his hasty escape.
While he was flying away from Morag and catching his breath from the ordeal, Star-Lord was then startled when he discovered that his girlfriend Bereet was still inside the ship who was shocked by the sudden flight away; Quill had forgotten that she was there when he went on his heist, something which he quickly informed her of while he left Morag in order to take the Orb away and sell it for a huge profit before he would then go on the run.
While travelling through space and listening to reports on the Kree-Nova War, Bereet then inadvertently answered a call from Yondu Udonta, who informed Quill that he and his Ravagers had arrived on Morag to find that the Orb was already taken. Much to Udonta's rage, Quill refused to tell him where he was and what his plans were, as Udonta then threatened him and confronted him about breaking the Ravager code before Quill hung up.
Bounty Hunters Attack
- "You have the bearing of a man of honor."
"Well you know, I wouldn't say that. People say it about me, all the time, but it's not something I'd ever say about myself."
- ―Gamora and Star-Lord
Star-Lord went to Xandar in order to sell the Orb, saying goodbye to Bereet before he left. He brought it to the Broker who had made the deal with Yondu Udonta in hopes of selling it to another buyer. The merchant refused to take the Orb after Quill told him that Korath the Pursuer had been working for Ronan the Accuser who desired to destroy Xandar.
As he was being pushed outside of Broker's Shop, Quill protested Broker's actions before he encountered Gamora was stood outside the shop watching the commotion. Changing his tone, Quill claimed that Broker had quit on a deal and did not have any integrity, like he did. Quill then attempted to flirt with Gamora, introducing himself as Star-Lord while Gamora seemed less than impressed by him, despite calling him a man of honor which Quill agreed with.
While Quill continued to try and flirt with Gamora, he was suddenly attacked and kicked in the chest as Gamora took the Orb from his hand and attempted to get away. Quill quickly used Electric Bolas to trip over Gamora before chasing after her and trying to wrestle the Orb away from her hands. However Quill quickly found himself being overpowered by the assassin who drew Godslayer and prepared to kill him while Quill was pined down and defenseless.
Moments before Gamora could execute Star-Lord however, he was inadvertently saved when Gamora was also attacked by the outlaw duo of Rocket Raccoon and Groot, who both desired the bounty that had been placed on Quill's head by the Ravagers. While Gamora attempted to fight off the two bounty hunters so she could regain the Orb, Star-Lord attempted to escape, only to have Gamora throw a knife at his hand and cause him to drop the Orb once again. The pair then wrestled for the Orb with Star-Lord losing the fight again and was pinned to the ground and called a fool by Gamora.
Refusing to be defeated however, Star-Lord distracted Gamora by teaser her while he place one of his Jet Boot Attachments and then activated it, causing Gamora to be sent flying backwards. While Quill celebrated, he was then captured by Groot, only for Gamora to free him by cutting off Groot's arms. Once the bag was opened, Star-Lord used the chance to shoot Gamora with his Quad Blasters and then attempted to escape on foot with the Orb still in his hand.
However before he could get away from his attackers, Star-Lord was shot by Rocket's Laser Cannon, causing him to fall to the floor in agony while Rocket laughed at him. After a lengthy chase, all four were eventually apprehended by the Nova Corps, Quill was arrested by Rhomann Dey, who he had previously been arrested by. Picking him up, Dey teased Quill by misremembering his name as "Star-Prince", much to his annoyance as he was taken away.
Held in the Kyln
Once they all arrived in their holding cells, Star-Lord and the others were forced into a line up by the Nova Corps where all of their own criminal histories were presented for Garthan Saal by Rhomann Dey. Frustrated by this experience, Star-Lord amused himself by giving the middle finger to those looking at him before claiming that it was an accident.
The group were all sent to the Kyln by Saal to begin their sentence, where they all arrived together and continued their disagreements. Quill found himself questioning why Groot would only way the same words on repeat and then comparing Rocket Raccoon to a normal Racoon that he remembered from Earth. Quill began questioning what Gamora had planned for the Orb until eventually she revealed to them that she was planning on betraying Ronan the Accuser and selling the Orb to a third party who she refused to name.
Quill then spotted one of the Mean Guards using his own Walkman, Quill quickly stepped through the doorway into the guard's quarters in order to ensure the Walkman was not lost forever. While the others watched, Quill confronted the guard and demanded that he put the Walkman into storage, noting that the song was Blue Swede as the guard refused and instead used a taser rod to then electrocute Quill, knocking him to the floor and easily subduing him.
Quill and all the others were then processed by the Nova Corps as he was stripped down and washed, humiliating him. When Quill then attempted to confront the guards over his treatment, Quill soon found himself being threatened by armed drones which kept him in his place. While being given his prison uniform, Quill was briefly put into the same cell as Rocket Racoon where he noticed the cybernetic enhancements attached to Rocket's back, although Quill did not comment on them and instead sat in complete silence.
Once Quill and the other members of the group had been processed and stepped into the prison, Gamora was threatened due to her own connection with Ronan and Thanos. Quill himself then almost found himself a target in the prison when a Monstrous Inmate attempted to start a fight. However Quill was saved by both Rocket and Groot who defeated the Inmate in humiliating fashion and declared that Quill was their booty and no one else was to go near them, Quill did not argue and proudly stated that he was indeed with them.
Quill went to sleep in the group quarters while Gamora got her own personal cell where the prisoners continued to threaten her. During his night in the Kyln, Quill found himself in a tightly kept room where he had to rest of the backs of the other prisoners, however while he could not sleep, Quill overheard Gamora being abducted by one of the guards as well as some of the other prisoners.
Not willing to let her die, Quill followed the activity along with Rocket Raccoon where he found Moloka Dar attempting to slice Gamora's throat before Drax the Destroyer appeared from the shadows and furiously demanded that he be the one to execute Gamora in order to avenge his late wife and daughter. Quill watched as Dar handed Drax his knife, while Gamora tried to get free and claimed to be no family to Thanos and was the only one able to stop the Mad Titan.
As Drax furiously pinned Gamora to the wall and tried to kill her, Quill jumped forward and attempted to distract and keep Drax from killing Gamora. When Drax noted Gamora had tried to kill him, Quill noted all the women, including A'askavariianss who had tried to kill him in the past. Quill then tried to convince Drax that, since she had now betrayed Ronan the Accuser, he would likely come for her allowing Drax to finally exact his revenge, which he soon accepted.
Quill had assured Gamora that he didn't care about her well-being, but knew that she would be able to show him where to sell the Orb. Gamora agreed that if they could escape the prison and retrieve the orb for her third party, she would split all the profit between them all and Groot, who Rocket berated for sleeping through everything. Quill promised that Rocket would be able to help them escape, although Rocket noted he still wanted Yondu Udonta's bounty.
The next day, Rocket Raccoon devised a plan to break them all out of the Kyln, as a team they would collect a series of items from across the prison which would allow Rocket and hack into the security tower. Quill expressed his fear that the plan would be impossible to pull off but Rocket insisted that they try. The plan went awry when Groot completed the last step first, setting off the alarms.
As the Nova Corps began charging into the room to stop Groot and while Gamora went to collect the Angry Guard's own cybernetic arm implant, Quill ran off to steal One Legged Prisoner's false leg, offering the prisoner 30,000 units in exchange. Although the Prisoner was highly confused by the offer, he soon accepted and Quill got the leg as Rocket had requested. As he charged back outside, avoiding the gunfire, Quill was almost recaptured by one of the guards but was able to use the false leg to quickly defend himself.
Having taken the subdued guard's gun for himself, Quill made his way towards the security tower, shooting at the drones that tried to stop him. While Quill attempted to continue the mission, Groot and Rocket continued to be fired on by the other drones in order to regain the Quarnyx Battery Groot had stolen, causing chaos for all the other prisoners. Rocket continued his part of the plan until he was finally ready for all of the others to regroup with him.
Quill began climbing up Groot's leg in order to get into the security tower, but soon himself defenceless and with a drone aiming it's guns directly at him. However before Quill could be killed, he was assisted by Drax the Destroyer, who joined them in order to find and kill Ronan the Accuser. Drax celebrated ripping the drone apart with his bare hands while referring to Quill as one who had previously laid with an A'askavariian, much to Quill's embarrassment.
Once they got into the Watchtower and locked the door behind them, Gamora confronted Star-Lord about why Drax had been allowed to join them. Rocket then revealed that stealing the leg was simply a joke, which greatly annoyed Quill due to the money he had spent to get it. They soon found the Head Riot Guard had gathered his team as they attempt to shoot the Watchtower while Rocket worked. Quill began to worry Rocket did not have a plan until he managed to turn on the anti-gravity and flew the watch tower to safety.
Now safely out of the way of the Nova Corps, Quill and the others prepared to escape into deep space onboard the Milano. As they all began collecting their belongings, Quill noticed that the Mean Guard had stolen his Walkman for himself. Determined not to lose his most prized possession due to it's connection to his mother, Quill gave Gamora his own bag, claiming it contained the Orb, and went to find the guard, telling the others to wait for him to get back.
In reality however, Quill had kept the Orb with him to ensure that the others did not leave without him as he knew they would not leave the chance to sell it to their buyer and make a large profile, so Quill changed into his own clothes and went on his mission to reclaim his Walkman. Star-Lord fought through all the guards using his Quad Blasters, easily subduing them before they had a chance to fight back. When one of the guards he had knocked down complained about seriously damaging his next, Star-Lord continued walking past him and shot him once again with a blast of electricity, knocking him out while Star-Lord continued searching for his Walkman.
Having taken out most the the other Nova Corps guards, Star-Lord eventually found the Mean Guard who was listening to Escape (The Piña Colada Song) on his Walkman. With the guard distracted by the music, Star-Lord sneaked up on his before knocking out the guard who had stolen it with a blow from the Orb. Star-Lord then focused his efforts on regrouping with the others who were being forced to wait for him to finally return to the ship with the Orb.
Using his own Helmet to survive in deep space, Star-Lord then flew outside the prison to the ship, where Drax the Destroyer was amazed by his brave efforts. Once Star-Lord was back onboard, he handed Gamora the Orb while Drax complimented him on all his incredible bravery and questioned what he had left them to collect, noting he would be a key ally in the battle against Ronan the Accuser. However when Quill then revealed what it was he had gone back for, Drax then called him an imbecile for risking his life for such an item.
Keeping the Peace
- "Hey! Nobody is killing anybody on my ship! We’re stuck together until we get the money."
"I have no interest in money."
"Great. That means more money for the three of us."
- ―Star-Lord and Drax the Destroyer
On the Milano, Quill found Rocket Raccoon pulling apart bits of his ship to build weapons, including the Hadron Enforcer. Quill was furious and told him to stop, noting that he did not want any bombs or Moon destroying weapons on his ship. When Rocket suggested putting the bomb in a box, he tried to use the box of Meredith Quill's present to Quill, to which he insisted he does not touch it.
Quill then asked Gamora to give him her buyer's coordinates which she refused to do, leading to a conversation about who trusted the other more. They began discussing what the Orb really was, with Drax the Destroyer excitingly asking if it was a weapon that they could use to kill Ronan the Accuser, leading to an argument between him and Gamora which Quill was forced to break up as he insisted that nobody kill anyone onboard his ship. Upon commenting on the large sum that was going to be paid to the group, Drax claimed to have no interest in money which Quill joked meant more money for the rest of them, including Groot who was listening on.
Quill then stated that the dysfunctional group was going to have to start trusting each other if they were actually going to start working together as a new team, but Gamora showed little interest in having anything to do with any of them after they had all sold the Orb. As Gamora walked away from the group, she noted that Quill's ship was filthy, to which Quill claimed that under a black light it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting, much to the disgust of Rocket.
Trouble On Knowhere
- "Four billion units! Rocket, come on man, suck it up for one more lousy night and we're rich."
"Fine, but I can't promise when all of this is over I'm not going to kill every last one of you jerks."
- ―Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon
While practicing with his Quad Blasters, Quill was informed that they were now arriving on Knowhere, a remote criminal outpost in space built in the giant severed-head of a Celestial. As they explored Knowhere, Quill told the group about his time of the Earth, describing it as a planet of outlaws which Drax the Destroyer expressed interest in visiting.
The group decided to relax while waiting to meet Gamora's contact, The Collector. Once he had filled the Milano up with fuel, Quill joined Gamora outside and they spent time together where they discussed her relationship with her adoptive father, Thanos. Gamora told Quill how Thanos had murdered her entire family in front of her before her took her into his custody and turning her into a weapon, explaining that when he agreed to destroy Xandar for a new deal with Ronan the Accuser, that was the moment she chose to betray him.
Gamora asked about Quill's Walkman and why he had gone back for it during the Escape from the Kyln, Quill explained that it had been a gift from his mother before her death. Telling her that he used the Walkman to listen to music and dance, he even allowed Gamora to listen to his music before trying to kiss her. However Gamora drew her knife and held it directly to Quill's throat, refusing to kiss him and accusing him of trying to trick her, which he denied.
However they were interrupted by the fight that had just broken out between Drax, Rocket Raccoon and Groot. Quill broke up the fight then told them that their lack of trust for others has prevented them from ever making friends. As Rocket still tried to fight, Quill reminded him to sell the Orb for billions of units first then he could leave them for good. However Quill could not stop Drax from leaving, as he was furious that he still had not had a chance to kill Ronan.
Meeting the Collector
- "These carriers can use the stone to mow down entire civilizations like wheat in a field."
"There's a little pee coming out of me right now."
- ―Collector and Star-Lord
While the group let Drax the Destroyer walk away, they were then greeted by Carina, the assistant of the Collector, who invited them into the Collector's Museum which housed several species and items in cages, including Dark Elves and Howard the Duck. Quill took a step back and watched as the Collector then greeted Gamora and questioned if he could buy Groot from them, as he wished to have his corpse in his own collection some day. Quill then presented the Orb to the Collector, briefly dropping it onto the floor.
As the Collector began to open the Orb, he explained that it was in fact one of the Infinity Stones, an item of immeasurable power that was capable of destroying entire planets and kills all but the most powerful beings who wield it. The Collector then showed the group footage of one of the Celestials using the Orb's power to destroy a planet, as Quill claimed it was scary enough to make him pee while the Collector marvelled at the Power Stone in the Orb.
With his demonstration now over, Rocket Raccoon insisted that the Collector now pay them for their trouble. Before the Collector could pay them all however, his tormented assistant grabbed the stone, triggering an explosion that engulfed his collection while ripping the screaming Carina apart from the inside. The team barely managed to survive the explosion as Groot pulled Rocket outside while Quill and Gamora hid behind a desk and barely dodged the flames.
- "I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively."
- ―Star-Lord to Gamora
As they left the Collector's Museum with the Power Stone now back incased within the Orb, Quill found that Rocket Raccoon was utterly horrified by seeing that they still had the Orb after witnessing it's true power, claiming that they should just give it back to Ronan the Accuser and escape. Quill suggested they give it to Yondu Udonta in exchange for money.
Before they could continue arguing, Ronan and Nebula arrived with their entire army of Sakaarans behind them. Having learned that Drax the Destroyer had called his enemy for a chance to kill him to avenge his murdered family, Quill looked on in horror before realizing that Udonta and his own team of Ravagers had also arrived to find and capture him. With limited options, Gamora attempted to flee with Orb only to be pursued by Nebula while Quill followed behind.
Taking command of Mining Pods alongside Rocket, Quill and Rocket assisted Gamora in fighting off the Sakaaran's Necrocraft which were attempting to shoot her out of the sky in order to reclaim the Orb. During their arial battle, Star-Lord and Rocket managed to destroy many of the Sakaaran ships as Quill recommended to Rocket that they begin using the Mining Pods as battering rams causing Ronan's battle ships to crash land on Knowhere and then explode.
While Drax fought against Ronan on the ground, Star-Lord attempted to gain the advantage in the fight by using his Mining Pod's claws to rip open one of the Necrocraft and pull out the Sakaaran driving it. Star-Lord then proceeded to use the Necrocraft's weapons to shoot the other ships out of the sky, trying to allow Gamora to get away with the Orb. However despite Star-Lord's best efforts, Gamora had eventually found herself cornered by all of Nebula's ships.
With no other choice, Gamora was forced to fly out into deep space where Nebula destroyed her Pod and retrieved the Orb, leaving her sister to die in space. Star-Lord and Rocket watched this from afar, as their Mining Pods did not have the power to get closer. Rocket recommended they turn back before they got trapped, but Star-Lord refused to allow Gamora to die. Calling Yondu Udonta and telling him his location, Star-Lord made his decision to save Gamora.
Star-Lord proceeded to exit his pod and flew through deep space to reach Gamora, despite all of Rocket's protests that he would not be able to survive in the extreme conditions of deep space. Refusing to listen to Rocket, Star-Lord gave Gamora his mask to help her survive while his own body began to freeze from the extreme cold and lack of oxygen. Before Quill could suffocate and die in space, they were both then surrounded by the Eclector piloted by Udonta.
With moments to spare, Star-Lord and Gamora were rescued by the Ravagers and Udonta who then teleported them onboard. Looking Gamora in the eye, Quill told her that he had not been able to bring himself to allow her to die, claiming that he was being very heroic in doing so. As Quill revealed that Ronan the Accuser had reclaimed the Orb during the battle, Kraglin Obfonteri and a team of Ravagers then held them at gunpoint and took them into their custody.
Deal with Yondu
While on Yondu Udonta's ship, Quill was beaten and mocked by his former boss, who was still furious that Quill had betrayed them and stolen the Orb from Morag to try and sell it himself. Quill argued with Udonta about how Udonta claimed Quill should be grateful that he wasn't eaten by the other Ravagers, which enraged Quill as he noted that Udonta had been threatening that every since he had been taken from Earth by Udonta all those many years earlier.
Udonta lost patience and aimed his Yaka Arrow at Quill throat. Quill attempted to talk Udonta out of killing him by telling him that he now knew where the Orb was and claiming that they could work together to retrieve it. Knowing the Orb was with Ronan the Accuser, Udonta claimed that it was impossible to steal it from the Kree, however Quill noted that with Gamora's help they may have a chance to exploit his weaknesses, at which point Udonta dropped the arrow.
While Quill, Udonta and the other Ravagers celebrated the new deal, suddenly Rocket Raccoon fired at the Eclector from the Milano. Quill and the others ran to investigate as they all saw that Rocket was explaining that Drax the Destroyer was aiming the Hadron Enforcer at the Eclector and threatened to blow it up with Quill and Gamora were not freed. Rocket gave a short countdown until Drax fired, however luckily Quill just managed to defuse the situation in time.
Uniting the Team
Deal with the Ravagers
- "When I look around at us, do you know what I see? Losers! I mean like... folks who have lost stuff, and we have. Man, we have. All of us. Our homes, our families, normal lives."
Back on the Milano, Quill berated Rocket, Groot and Drax about their foolish attempt to rescue them from Yondu, in which they would have destroyed the ship if Yondu hadn't handed them over in just five seconds. Quill told the group that he has a plan to stop Ronan as they could not simply stand back as Ronan kills billions of innocent people when he destroys Xandar. Rocket argued that they plan meant certain death for them all. However the entire group agreed and were willing to put their lives on the line to stop Ronan.
With the rest of the team on board, Quill came out with a plan and recruited the Ravagers help, Yondu told Quill that if he did not give him the stone at the end of the battle, he would kill him. Quill then called Rhomann Dey and told him of his plan asking for the help of the Nova Corps.
- "This plan of yours is truly crazy."
"Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to die among friends."
- ―Gamora and Star-Lord
Ronan arrived on Xandar with the Dark Aster and thousands of Sakaaran soldiers. Quill and the Ravagers engaged them in a massive ariel battle, while Kraglin and Rocket shot a hole in the side of the ship to allow Quill and Yondu Udonta to board. Yondu's ship was shot down in the battle and for a moment it appeared that they would not be able to defeat Ronan's army. However the Nova Corps arrived helped in the battle. Quill was able to land his ship inside the Dark Aster.
As the Nova Corps hold off the large ship by creating a forcefield, Quill, Groot, and Drax fought their way to Ronan while Gamora battled Nebula. They were attacked by a squad of Sakaaran Soldiers led by Korath the Pursuer. During the fight Drax managed to kill Korath. Eventually they made it to Ronan and Quill shot him with the Hadron Enforcer; however, Ronan is unaffected by the attack. For a moment they were defenseless, Drax was held by the throat by Ronan, but before he could kill them, Rocket comes crashing in with his own ship heavily damaging the Dark Aster,causing it to crash.
Quill pulled the injured Rocket out of the crashed ship and he joined the rest of the group, believing Ronan to be dead and their own lives to be lost when the ship crashed to the ground. However they were protected from serious injury by Groot, who shielded them seemingly at the cost of his life, making a dome around the team. When the Dark Aster crash landed to the ground, Groot's body was destroyed and the rest of the team survived with only minor injuries. They looked to each other to ensure they were all okay, only to witness Ronan the Accuser, unharmed, exiting the wreckage of his ship.
- "You said it yourself, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy."
- ―Star-Lord to Ronan the Accuser
Ronan began to mock the injured team, calling them the Guardians of the Galaxy. As he prepared to use the Infinity Stone to destroy Xandar, Quill, seeing no other opinion, distracts Ronan by dancing to "O-o-h Child" by the Five Stairsteps and challenging the war monger to a dance off. While Ronan starred at Quill with utter confusion, the time allowed Drax and Rocket to repair the Hadron Enforcer and use it to destroy his hammer. As the Infinity Stone hung in the air, Quill willingly sacrificed himself and grabbed the stone.
The stone's power began to rip Quill's body apart, causing him unbearable pain. Quill began to hallucinate images of his dying mother asking him to take her hand. Gamora, Rocket, and Drax came to his aid and grabbed his hands, allowing them to also absorb the Stone's power. Between them they successfully absorbed its power and were able to control it. Ronan stared in horror, demanding to know how it was possible, Quill responded that they are the Guardians of the Galaxy. The four then directed the Orb's power to blast Ronan, obliterating him.
With Ronan and his army now destroyed, Yondu Udonta demanded that Quill hand over the Orb despite Quill telling him that it is only safe with the Nova Corps. Quill tricked Yondu into taking a container supposedly containing the stone but actually contained a Troll doll. As the Ravagers left Xandar, they remarked that it turned out well that they did not deliver Quill to his father as a child. After the Ravagers left. Back on Xandar, Quill spoke to Gamora about how although they would now want him dead, the Ravagers were the only family he had ever known, Gamora told him that wasn't true anymore. Quill gave the real Orb to the Nova Corps.
The Guardians of the Galaxy
- "What should we do next; something good, something bad? Bit of both?"
"We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord."
"A bit of both."
- ―Star-Lord and Gamora
Quill's group, now known as the Guardians of the Galaxy, had their criminal records expunged by the Corps, and Quill learned that he is only half-human, his father being part of an ancient species that could wield the Infinity Stone without being destroyed. Quill finally opened the last present he received from his mother; a second cassette tape filled with her favorite songs. The Guardians left in the rebuilt Milano, accompanied by a twig recovered from Groot, which was already regrowing.
A few months after the Battle of Xander, the Guardians of the Galaxy were hired by the High Priestess Ayesha, leader of the Sovereign race to defend some interdimensional batteries from a creature known as the Abilisk. During the fight, Quill and the Guardians were badly beaten until Quill and Rocket forced the creature to look up, exposing a neck wound that Gamora widened to kill the creature.
Afterwards, the Guardians were thanked by Ayesha who handed over Nebula as part of a trade due to having been arrested by the Sovereign. While flirting with Quill and discussing natural reproduction with him, Ayesha also made various disparaging comments about Quill's hybrid status that slightly upset him, as it caused him to wonder once again who his father was.
Later, after apologizing to Gamora for supposedly flirting with Ayesha - something she didn't care about - Drax the Destroyer told him he had no chance with her since he was a dancer whilst Gamora was not.
The Guardians of the Galaxy were then attacked by a Sovereign fleet and discovered that Rocket Raccoon had stolen the Anulax Batteries from them. Star-Lord and Rocket tried to pilot the Milano to safety, but their arguments over who was the more capable pilot caused them to run into a Sovereign fleet trap. The ships were then suddenly destroyed by a mysterious figure in a oval-shaped vessel, but due to the damage caused to the Milano, they crashed on another planet.
Reunion with his Father
- "After all these years I found you."
"And who the hell are you?"
"I figured my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego, and I'm your dad, Peter."
- ―Ego and Peter Quill
As the Milano crash landed on Berhert, the Guardians of the Galaxy got out and immediately began arguing over who was responsible for the incident, with Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon both blaming each other for the crash. As they were still all arguing, the Guardians were almost immediately greeed by their saviors, who was revealed to be Ego and his servant, Mantis. When asked who exactly he was, Ego introduced himself as Quill's own long lost father.
The group set up a camp fire where Ego explained that he had been searching for Quill ever since Yondu Udonta and his Ravagers had failed to deliver him as he was paid to do so. When asked how he had found them, Ego claimed that even as far out as he resided, he had heard stories of Star-Lord and his great victory over Ronan the Accuser during the Battle of Xandar. Ego promised Quill he would take him to his home planet and explain to him his true heritage while also getting to be the father to Quill that he had always wanted to be. Though initially skeptical, Gamora persuaded Quill that he should go with Ego to see Ego's own planet and finally learn the truth.
Having decided to take the risk and go along with Ego to see if he was telling the truth, the next day, Drax the Destroyer and Gamora accompanied Quill, Ego and Mantis on board Ego's Ship whilst Rocket and Groot were told to remain on Berhert in order to repair the ship and guard Nebula to ensure that she did not attempt to escape. While onboard Ego's Ship, Quill watched as Mantis used her powers to help Ego to sleep during the long journey.
On the way, Mantis revealed her ability to feel the feelings of others and demonstrated by touching Quill and revealing his crush on Gamora to everyone in the room. When Drax burst into hysterics at the announcement, Quill became defensive arguing that it wasn't that funny though he was clearly embarrassed.
On arrival to Ego's planet, Ego revealed that he was a Celestial and explained his origins. He revealed that the planet was a part of him and his human form was an avatar body he walked in to explore the Galaxy and seek other lifeforms. Ego explained how he met Quill's mother and fell in love with her whilst visiting Earth and hired Yondu Udonta to bring Quill to him.
Quill asked Ego why he then chose to leave his mother behind, and Ego revealed that he had to return to his planet otherwise his avatar body would die after prolonged distance from his main source. Ego then helped Quill to access his abilities as a Celestial which allowed him to create objects greatly exciting Quill who then proceeded to play catch with his father using a ball he had created.
Quill later danced with Gamora trying to persuade her that she felt something for him too, something she denied. Gamora revealed her suspicions about the planet as Mantis seemed unusually fearful but Quill argued that he had finally found his family and demanded to know why she couldn't be happy for him. Gamora replied that she thought he had found his family with the Guardians of the Galaxy before walking off due to Quill's arrogance.
Ego came to comfort Quill afterwards and revealed that he was immortal due to his Celestial DNA and offered to bring him into what he had been working on. Excited, Quill accepted which was overheard by Mantis. Ego explained what he had not told him earlier; that when he found life he was disappointed by it which helped him find meaning then hypnotized Quill into helping him before continuing to tell his plans to him. Ego reveled that he planned on improving the universe by planting parts of himself in every planet he went to. His plan was to bring all the planets together to become a part of himself.
He revealed that on every planet he went to he would impregnate one woman as to activate the parts of himself needed two Celestial beings to active the seeds also he had Yondu Udonta delivered some of the children to him however they never inherited his genes until Quill came around. When Ego yells out for the first time in years that's he truly not alone which makes Quill question what he's doing when he started thinking about his friends, starting to regain control of himself. When Ego noticed Quill breaking free from his control he tried to keep him under which was almost successful until he asked Ego if he really did love his mother. Ego did answer and revealed that he did love Meredith Quill very much, his River Lilly, also that if he had visited her again he would have stayed on Earth and never finished his plan, thus he had implanted a tumor in her brain to kill her. This revelation caused Quill to fully break free from Ego's control whereupon he drew his Quad Blasters and shot his father repeatedly.
Ego repaired himself and attacked Quill forcibly activating the Celestial power inside him and triggering the parts of himself that began destroying the planets. He then broke Quill's Walkman before being crushed by a ship piloted by Rocket Raccoon and Yondu as Mantis, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora and Nebula arrived to save Quill after learning of Ego's treachery from Mantis.
Mantis explained that Ego's only weakness was his brain at the core of the planet, so Star-Lord and Yondu Udonta piloted the industrial craft underground tunneling through the planet surface. They arrived to find Ego's brain sealed in a core that was connected to the rest of the planet and began cutting into it knowing they only had a limited time before Ego found them.
They were interrupted when the Sovereign fleet arrived causing Drax the Destroyer, Mantis and Gamora to fall out of the craft. Mantis used her power to subdue Ego by putting him to sleep whilst Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon and Groot flew to the core to plant a bomb on Ego made from the Anulax Batteries stolen from the Sovereign and Nebula and Udonta piloted the ship. Star-Lord defended the core from the Sovereign whilst Rocket gave Groot the bomb temporarily taking a break to ask if anyone had any tape to put over the death button.
He then argued with Rocket after the answer being 'no' with Groot running off whilst still being unsure about how to operate the bomb. Quill continued to fight the Sovereign before being shot at and knocked back into the ship. When the ship exploded after Nebula hacked herself into the infrastructure, Quill floated down with Udonta, who used his Yaka Arrow commenting that the latter looked like Mary Poppins and assuring him that "he" was very cool.
Mantis was then knocked out by a piece of shrapnel which awoke Ego who began to fight the Guardians of the Galaxy. After subduing all of them and then using his power to force Quill into reactivating the seedlings around the universe. However, from Udonta's encouragement and advice how he uses his arrow, Quills love for his mother and the bond he has for his friends even for Udonta was so strong it helped him unlock his own Celestial power to fight his father thus creating a giant rock like glove to punch him while taking control to help his friends, Nebula and Udonta get free from Ego's grabs which also stopped the seedlings. While using his Celestial powers to construct a rocky giant avatar resembling Pac-Man to hit Ego with.
Both eventually collapsed into exhaustion with Ego furiously trying to plead with Quill to help him after discovering the bomb on his brain which forced Ego into telling him that with Ego dead, his powers will fade away and he will be rendered mortal. Quill stated that he accepted this fact, much to his father's horror. He held him down as the bomb exploded, destroying Ego's brain and grievously watched as his father's avatar passed away in his arms, while his Celestial powers seemingly faded away.
Yondu's SacrificeWithout Ego's essence, the planet began to break down and collapse in on itself. A ship piloted by Kraglin Obfonteri rescued the other Guardians leaving Quill stranded at the core. Yondu Udonta saved Quill with an Aero-Rig, telling him that Ego may have been his biological father, but he wasn't his "daddy" before giving him the only Holographic Space Suit and dying in the vacuum of space.
- "Both Yondu and David Hasselhoff went on kick-ass adventures and hooked up with hot women and fought robots. I guess David Hasselhoff did kind of end up being my dad after all, and it was you, Yondu. I had a pretty cool dad."
- ―Star-Lord about Yondu
In the wake of Yondu Udonta's death, Quill had come to realize that Udonta was the father figure in his life he had always been searching for before Kraglin Obfonteri and the other Guardians of the Galaxy burned the body as part of a Ravager funeral. Obfonteri gave Quill a 'Zune' that Udonta had bought for him that contained 300 tracks that 'everyone' on Earth was now listening to while Quill gave him Udonta's Yaka Arrow.
Quill listened to his new Zune with Groot before noticing the arrival of the other Ravagers who had heard about Udonta's sacrifice and re-accepted him as one of their own, with the tributes being led by Stakar Ogord. Quill and the other Guardians of the Galaxy watched as Udonta was honored with a proper Ravager funeral and Gamora hinted to Quill that she may reciprocate his feelings, with the two embracing.
Years later, Quill told a now-adolescent Groot to tidy his room and stop wasting his time playing a video game. Peter then noted that Groot acted the same way he was as a teenager, commenting that now he knew how Yondu had felt when dealing with him when he was one.
Peter Quill was abducted from Earth by the thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers. Their leader, Yondu Udonta raised Quill and showed him how to survive in deep space. Yondu also taught Quill how to be the perfect thief. Peter Quill is naturally upbeat and sarcastic and is known for looking on the bright side. It seems that his 1980s pop culture-laden references his life on Earth.
He is also very protective of his Sony Walkman that was given to him by his mother. This was shown numerous times when he attempted to assault a prison guard who took it, and when during the prison break, when Quill made his way back into the prison just to retrieve the device. Later, Quill's anger for his father was more focused due to Ego breaking the Walkman.
Before joining the Guardians, Quill lived in the ways of an average criminal and thug, going so far as killing Korath's men and attempting to kill Korath himself when they seemingly threatened his well being as they were arresting him for interrogation by Ronan. Although, he only attacked them when he was aware that he could get the drop on them and win, as well as when he knew that he could not convince them to let him go. However, he merely stunned and knocked out the guards on the Kyln with his Quad Blasters instead of using lethal force, which shows that he only would kill to defend himself or in battles with foes that are outside the law, such as Ronan and Korath's men. He is very conscientious of his physical weaknesses, which prevents him from acting impulsive as he is always aware of the dangers of his actions, especially in combat.
Quill has shown he can be heroic; he was unwilling to watch Gamora die in space, so he exited his pod giving Gamora his mask, saving her life, nearly at the cost of his own. He was also the one who brought the Guardians together to save Xandar, showcasing his leadership qualities and a certain amount of charisma, since all the members were well-known outlaws.
Quill can create inventive, and often extremely unorthodox, solutions to problems on the fly. His confrontation with Ronan the Accuser is an example of this, distracting him long enough for Rocket and Drax to put the Enforcer back together to destroy Ronan's hammer to break loose the stone.
Due to being raised as a child by aliens, having possibly not learned just how weak humans are compared to other beings, he never suspected that he was half alien himself and assumed his inhuman resilience to be normal for any creature.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Durability: Due to his paternal heritage from Ego, Quill was able to physically withstand the exposure to the energy from an Infinity Stone. He held the Power Stone and for minutes, and was able to use its power when sharing the burden of its touch with the other Guardians.
- Molecular Manipulation: While battling Ego, Yondu Udonta's encouragement allowed Star-Lord to realize his ability to manipulate matter. He used it to propel himself into the air at a high velocity. He was able to construct things and weapons out of matter, such as gloves of rock to punch his father and later he enveloped himself into a giant Pac-Man to counter the giant materialized by his father.
- Energy Manipulation: While on Ego's planet, Ego taught him how to manipulate energy and how to use it to create solid constructions by drawing energy from the planet. He once created a ball to play catch with his father, like he always dreamed of. He can even empower his fists with energy to produce superhuman physical strikes, such as he did with his father moments prior to his father's death.
- Self-Augmentation: He use his connection to the Light of the Planet to enhance his physical strength and durability to the point where he was almost immune to damage, allowing him to easily smashing through stone and survive crashing into the ground at bullet-like speed.
- Immortality: While battling his father Ego, Ego told him that as long as Ego's essence is still alive, Star-Lord himself will never die.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Quill is an expert in close-quarters combat. He was able to hold his own against Gamora, an assassin trained by Thanos. He uses his two blasters as melee weapons to strike and knock his foes unconscious with a hard strike to the head. He was able to take down multiple Nova Corps, Kyln, and Sakaaran soldiers by striking them with the blasters.
- "I picked this guy up a while back for petty theft."
- ―Rhomann Dey
- Expert Thief: Raised by the Ravagers, Quill mastered the art of thievery and evasion. Though Star-Lord had a criminal record, thievery was not one of the charges, though Rhomann Dey picked him up for petty theft.
- Expert Marksman: Quill is well-versed in the use of weapons from all over the galaxy, but he prefers using his own Quad Blasters, which he is shown to be skilled with. He also handled a Kyln Guard's rifle, a weapon he was not believed to have even seen before, and easily shot and destroyed a drone with it.
- Skilled Acrobat: Quill is highly athletic and has high level dexterity, reflexes, and coordination, which notably allows him to do parkour and free running. His extreme reflexes allowed him to effortlessly catch a small lunging creature trying to bite him while he was wearing head phones and seemingly distracted by his music. He was able to leap several feet across a chasm, perform a combat roll while sliding along his ship directly into the cockpit.
- Master Pilot: Quill is an accomplished starship pilot. He has used this skill to escape Korath and his men on Morag.
- Multilingual: After spending an amount of time with Groot, Quill has learnt to understand what Groot is saying, despite only hearing "I am Groot". It is possible that this is in fact not a power but more a note to how long/well they know each other.
- Hadron Enforcer: Designed and built by Rocket Raccoon, the Enforcer shoots a concentrated bolt of nuclear explosive force that only detonates on its target. The mass and size of the target determine how large the explosion will be. Rocket claimed it could destroy a moon. He briefly handled the weapon in the Guardians plan to kill Ronan the Accuser, but has not held it since.
- Quad Blasters: Quill carries dual direct energy weapons in the form of handguns. They each have two triggers for the index and middle finger for the top and bottom barrel respectively, with the bottom barrel shooting lightning and the top barrel shooting fiery bolts or blasts. While the fire-like blast on the top barrel is lethal, killing its live targets on impact and even sends the target flying backwards with great force, the bottom barrel produces streaks of non lethal electricity to electrocute its targets and incapacitate them. He has used his two blasters as melee weapons in the past to strike and knock out his foes, specifically Kyln Guards, with a strike to the head. He was even shown striking enemies with the barrels while shooting the lethal setting, which allowed him to hit harder and harm stronger opponents.
- Energy Bolas: A hi-tech version of an ancient throwing weapon made of weights on the ends of an interconnected energy cord, designed to capture targets by entangling their legs. During the Attack on Peter Quill, Star-Lord used these Bolas to try and subdue Gamora, although she quickly escaped.
- Helmet: Quill wears a helmet that shows threats on HUD and has internal comm systems. The helmet allows him to breathe in the vacuum of space. When he presses the button on the side of his head, a light blue energy wraps around his face and the back of his head, and becomes the helmet.
- Jet Boot Attachments: Quill has jets that he attaches to his boots to make jet boots, while he activates them with buttons on his leg. The jet attachments can rotate in any direction and can be used to propel him through the air at great speed, though they do not allow for sustained flight and only allow him to jump and briefly float for several feet. They can also be used in flying in deep space due to the lack of gravity and weight removing the limitations they experience in environments of normal gravity. Quill improvised the technology as weapons by attaching one of them on a hostile and activated them, which sent the target flying backwards.
- Translator Implant: Star-Lord has a translator implanted in his neck that helps him understand many of the languages of almost every known species in the universe.
- Star-Lord Uniform - The uniform protects Quill from the effects of absolute zero temperature of deep space as well as its vacuum.
- Aero-Rigs - Peter uses one of Rocket Raccoon's jet-pack like devices to seemlessly fly through the air, giving him great mobility in combat. Unlike his jet boot, Aero-Rig allows Quill sustained flight to any altitude.
- Plasma Sphere: One of Peter Quills gadgetry and weapons is a glass like ball that much like a glowstick, lit up when shook. It was dangerous when shattered, as it could ensnare and disintegrate living creatures in a cloud of its released plasma, though it quickly diminishes.
- Holographic Map: Part of his arsenal and tools is a holographic device given him by the Broker able to project and Holographic Map on the planet Morag of the size of a foot ball field and projects what was there before, even people moving around. Quill scanned the ruined temple area of Morag and could identify the creatures and people living their before. It could also highlight a certain area red to show Star Lord where it detects a certain object. This is how Quill knew to go up the temple stairs to find the Orb.
- Gravity Mine: A device that could exert greater amounts of the force of gravity on a designated object and gravitate it towards itself was in Quills possession. It can generate gravity as powerful as a planet and pull something to itself as if the object were in a planets orbit. If it is not programmed to pull a certain object while active, it will pull everything in a 1 foot radius towards itself at great speed. Quill used this to incapacitate Korath's troops before it was shot and destroyed.
Much of his personal items from Earth traveled with him when he was taken by the Ravagers as a child. His ship, the Milano, now houses this memorabilia, with the songs from his Walkman being able to be played on the ships sound system, with what appeared to be a stereo being added to the ship.
- Sony TPS-L2 Walkman Headset: Quill is very protective of his Sony Walkman; when deprived of it in prison, he challenged a guard for its return, but was electrocuted in response. He received it from his mother, along with two mix tapes containing several songs from the 60's all the way through to the 80's. Unfortunately, this Walkman was destroyed by Ego after revealing to Peter that he put the tumor inside Meredith Quill's head.
- Awesome Mix Vol. 1: Meredith Quill put together a mixtape named Awesome Mix Vol. 1 so that her son could listen to songs she used to listen to when she was growing up.
- Awesome Mix Vol. 2: When Meredith was dying from cancer and gave her son a second mixtape as a gift, as moments before she died. However, Quill never opened his gift and kept the tape as one of the few mementos from Earth. After he and the other Guardians of the Galaxy members saved Xandar from Ronan, he finally opened his mother's gift.
- Troll doll: A type of plastic doll with furry up-combed hair, depicting a troll. Quill use it as a memento from Earth. After the attack on Xandar was over, Yondu proceeded to capture the Orb, only to realize there was a troll doll inside, and Quill kept the Orb to put it into the custody of the Nova Corps.
- ALF Trading Cards
- Garbage Pail Kids Trading Cards
- Puffy Stickers: An assortmet of ALF Puffy Stickers was used all over Peter's Milano, sticking towards his cassette deck.
- Scratch and Sniff Stickers: Peter had a few stickers that were sticking onto his cassette deck, these stickers are made so that when scratched, they release an scent. This scent is normally related to the image displayed.
- Zunes Music player: Zune was a brand of digital media products and services marketed by Microsoft. Kraglin Obfonteri gave Quill a Zune as a present from Yondu after his death. Obfonteri said Yondu, "Found it at a junker shop" and "it has over three hundred songs."
- Mattel Electronics Football Tracker: While the Guardians of the Galaxy were hired by the High Priestess Ayesha, leader of the Sovereign race to defend some interdimensional batteries from the Abilisk, Quill uses a monitor to track down the creature so that team would know where it was coming.
|Appearances for Peter Quill|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Peter Quill was originally a NASA astronaut whose mother was killed by aliens and who ended up assuming the mantle of the Star-Lord, an interplanetary policeman. This version of the character was later retconned in a another reality. The Mainstream version of Quill was taken into the space at a young age, after having witnessed his mother being killed by a group of Badoons, and ended up imprisoned at the Kyln. He later formed a team called the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter has a NASA patch on his backpack.
- His walkman was a blue TPS-L2 Sony walkman from 1979.
Behind the Scenes
- Chris Pratt stated that Quill: "...had a hard time as a kid, and now he goes around space, making out with hot alien girls and just being a rogue and a bit of a jerk, and through teaming up with these guys, finds a higher purpose for himself."
- According to Chris Pratt, Star-Lord is a mix of Han Solo and Marty McFly.
- ↑ In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, it is shown that at some point in 1980, Meredith Quill was still with Ego and had not given birth to Peter yet. James Gunn confirmed here that Peter was still born in 1980. Even at the very earliest possible date for the 1980 prologue as January 1st, and if Meredith were already a couple of months pregnant (the furthest in the pregnancy she could possibly be for it to not be noticeable in the scene), the very earliest Peter could have been born is July 1980, and the latest is December 31, 1980.
- ↑ James Gunn confirms Peter Quill was born in the last few months of 1980
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Guardians of the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Mid-credits Scene
- ↑ James Gunn reveals Groot is not quite a teenager in the mid-credits scene
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-marvels-age-of-ultron-guardians-of-the-galaxy-more/#/0
- ↑ http://www.superherohype.com/news/306737-guardians-of-the-galaxy-from-the-set-of-the-marvel-studios-adaptation
|Guardians of the Galaxy|