Steven Benowitz was one of the establishing founders of the law firm Hogarth, Chao and Benowitz.
- "Look, we're your partners. This scandal stains our good names, too."
- ―Steven Benowitz to Jeri Hogarth
With Jeri Hogarth accepting an award and given her speech, Benowitz and Linda Chao both expressed their disapproval with dealing with their partner's legal situation over her former secretary Pam's accusations.
- "Look, Jeri. I, for one, am very sorry. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But we have a fiduciary duty to protect the firm. You'll have a standard window in which to negotiate the terms of your severance."
"There will be no negotiation, there will be no severance, because I'm not leaving."
"Please reconsider... or we'll have to force you out."
- ―Steven Benowitz and Jeri Hogarth
A Night at Chocolate Bar
- "What is this? Who are you?"
"Someone who, if he was doing his job, would use all this to blackmail you. But I'm not gonna do it. It's too ugly, even for me."
"Who put you up to this?"
"It doesn't matter, man. Just watch your back."
"From whom? I need to know."
"Does the name Linda Chao mean anything to you?"
- ―Steven Benowitz and Malcolm Ducasse and Steven Benowitz
Benowitz and Chao met with Hogarth during one afternoon in the conference room, in which they planned to settle Hogarth's severence. As they conversed on the increase in the amount paid, Benowitz was presented with a video recorded prior, in which Chao confessed to Malcolm Ducasse that she had been engaged in illegal activities with the firm's funds. He was also threatened by Hogarth, though she agreed not to publically speak on his sexuality.
- "Relax, Steven, I'm not gonna out you. But honestly, if you would just come out, you would be so much less vulnerable."
- ―Jeri Hogarth
To be added
- Expert Lawyer: To be added
In chronological order:
- Jessica Jones