- "Dr. Phineas Horton presents The Synthetic Man"
- ―Display at the Stark Expo
The Synthetic Man is a synthetic human body created by Doctor Phineas Horton.
- Phineas Horton - Creator
- The Synthetic Man is based on the original Human Torch. He was a major member of the Invaders and also one of the first superheroes that appeared in a Marvel publication (Marvel Comics Vol 1 #1). The other Human Torch was introduced later and is best known as a member of the Fantastic Four.
- In the comics, it was the Human Torch who killed Adolf Hitler in 1945, and it was once believed that Ultron had used his remains to create Vision. However, that was later revealed to be a temporal duplicate. The original Human Torch was eventually revived and joined the West Coast Avengers, alongside Vision.
Behind the Scenes
- The appearance of the Synthetic Man in Captain America: The First Avenger is both an homage to the Human Torch being a member of the Invaders alongside Captain America, and Chris Evans' former role as the Human Torch.