Jason Wilkes awakens to find Whitney Frost observing him and experimenting with how long he can stay tangible after he absorbs Zero Matter from her. After a lot of discussion, Wilkes decides that he will work with Frost on understanding the substance.
Ana Jarvis has not awakened yet after her surgery and Edwin is convinced by Peggy Carter to stay by her side until she does. She and Daniel Sousa go to see Joseph Manfredi to learn why he is assisting Frost and ask him to tell her to trade Wilkes for the uranium rods she desires.
Ana awakens to hear Edwin making a list of promises to her; she tells him not to make promise he cannot keep. Doctor Chung informs Edwin that Ana can no longer have children due to the gunshot; neither tell Ana.
Aloysius Samberly prepares fake uranium rods for the exchange when Edwin arrives and insists on going with Sousa and Carter to free Wilkes; as Carter and Edwin discuss the notion, they hear the telefax operating, informing them of the specifications to build a Gamma Cannon.
Thompson arrives at Howard Stark's Estate to show Carter that he has privileged information on her; Carter says that they are probably untruths.
Carter, Jarvis, and Sousa make the exchange but one of Manfredi's men drops the rods, causing Frost to realize that she has been tricked. Manfredi's vehicle follows Carter's truck until Wilkes learns from Sousa by holding Carter at gunpoint that the real rods are in the Auerbach Theatrical Agency. There, Vernon Masters retrieves the rods as he uses the Memory Inhibitor on Thompson, just as he learned that Masters answered to Frost.
The team, which now includes Thompson and Samberly, go to the desert as the sun rises. Frost has an atomic explosion take place which opens a rift in the sky. Wilkes and Frost stand near the rift, but only Wilkes is taken inside, to the screams and anger of Frost. Carter's team fires the Cannon at the rift, but Jarvis does not have faith in the plan and goes solo to confront Frost. Wilkes lays silent on the desert ground as the rift collapses.
Upon his arrival, Edwin shoots Frost point blank; Carter screams for him to stop. Frost heals quickly and tells Manfredi not to kill her enemies, since Wilkes might be more cooperative if they are alive.
- Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis
- Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa
- Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson
- Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost
- Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes
- Lotte Verbeek as Ana Jarvis
- Lesley Boone as Rose Roberts
- Rey Valentin as Agent Vega
- Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters
- Brian Glanney as Agent Ford
- Ken Marino as Joseph Manfredi
- Tina D'Marco as Nonna Manfredi
- Matt Braunger as Doctor Aloysius Samberly
- Tom T. Choi as Doctor Chung
- Russell Edge as Agent Blackwell
- Tim Brown as Snub-nose
- Damian O'Hare as Nick Driscoll
- Los Angeles, California
- London, England
- New York City, New York (flashbacks)
- Infiltration into the Roxxon Warehouse (mentioned)
To be added
- Strategic Scientific Reserve
- Special Operations Executive (mentioned)
- Roxxon Oil Corporation (mentioned)
- The periodic table that Vernon Masters moves to reveal a wall safe is not accurate for the era of the episode. It has elements such as Copernicium (Cn), which was discovered in 1996 .
|Busy As A Bee (I'm Buzz, Buzz, Buzzin')||Benny Goodman & His Orchestra|
|Rigoletto: Act I - "Caro Nome"||Bulgarian National Radio Symphony Orchestra, John Landor & Rachel Rosales|
|Far Above Cayuga's Waters||Chad Michael Murray & Damian O'Hare|