- "And how do you know the angels and the Devil inside me aren't the same thing?"
"I don't, but nothing drives people to the church faster than the thought of the Devil snapping at their heels. Maybe that was God's plan all along. Why he created him, allowed him to fall from grace to become a symbol to be feared warning to us all, to tread the Path of the Righteous."
- ―Lantom and Matt Murdock
All night long, Wilson Fisk has sat in the hospital; three people have died from the same poison that Vanessa Marianna had ingested and the doctors have yet to give word on her condition. James Wesley tells Leland Owlsley that he needs him to watch the finances of the Hand and to make sure the Madame Gao is alright, since both are suspects as to who could have been behind the poisoning.
Murdock gets his stitches repaired by Claire Temple; she tells him that she will be there for him if he needs her medically, but she is leaving the city for a while. She suggests that Murdock get some body armor if he still plans on saving the city.
To that end, Murdock finds and extracts information from Turk Barrett and learns about Melvin Potter. Murdock infiltrates Potter's Workshop and, after a brief scuffle, convinces him to make a suit for him.
Meanwhile, Marlene Vistain calls for her son, who is too busy watching over Marianna, who is in a medically induced coma to heal from the poison, to answer; Wesley returns the call and learns that Page and Ben Urich visited her the previous night.
After finding Nelson in Josie's Bar, refusing to discuss why he and Murdock are not speaking, Karen Page calls Urich and thanks him for being someone she can call. On her way to her apartment, Wesley abducts her and takes her to a warehouse. There he threatens Page with the deaths of all of her associates and family if she does not retract her negative feelings about Fisk. Wesley places Francis' gun on the table to keep her attention; however, when his phone rings, Page picks up the gun and ultimately kills Wesley with it. Page then takes the gun and runs off. Meanwhile, Fisk, who is in Marianna's hospital room attempting to contact Wesley, is unable to reach him as Wesley's phone continues to ring.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Toby Leonard Moore as James Wesley
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich
- Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsley
- Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk
- Peter McRobbie as Father Lantom
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett
- Tom Walker as Francis
- Amy Rutberg as Marci Stahl
- Matt Gerald as Melvin Potter
- Susan Varon as Josie
- Don Guillory as Doctor Murray
- Lee Bergman as Doctor Rosenberg
- Jagger Bruch as Sick Child
- Ana Lisa Valencia as Mother of Sick Child
- Jaime Slater as Nurse Schwab
- New York City, New York
- Saint Bénézet Retirement Care, New York (mentioned)
- Hartford, Connecticut (mentioned)
- Infiltration into Melvin Potter's Workshop
- Kidnapping of Karen Page
- Bombing of Hell's Kitchen (mentioned)
- Fundraiser at the Van Lunt Building (mentioned)
- Duel at Pier 81 (flashback)
To be added
To be added
- Daniel Fisher
- Bill Fisk
- Marlene Vistain
- Madame Gao
- Nobu Yoshioka
- Doris Urich
- Elena Cardenas
- Betsy Beatty
- This is the only episode of the first season of Daredevil where the nine members of the main cast appear.
- The title of this episode is a reference to Bible scripture, Ezekiel 25:17. This is also used in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, where it's seen on Nick Fury's headstone.
|Only For You||Heartless Bastards|