- She was nominated for a Critics' Choice Award for Best Actress in An Action Movie for her work in Doctor Strange.
- She won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work in Doctor Strange.
- Tilda Swinton is one of the few actresses to portray characters for both Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment. She portrayed Gabriel in Constantine.
- Tilda Swinton also portrayed Deputy-Minister Mason in the comic book adaptation Snowpiercer.
- Tilda Swinton's children did work placement on Doctor Strange. Her son worked with the art department and her daughter worked with the costume department, while one of their classmates did stunt work.
- Tilda Swinton is one of the few actresses in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to have won an Academy Award. She won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 80th Academy Awards for her performance as Karen Crowder in Michael Clayton.