The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization established to promote international co-operation.
While watching news footage of the destruction of the Triskelion by one of the Helicarriers of Project Insight, Agent-in-charge Phil Coulson asked Agent Shade to contact Agent Martin as a back door method of communicating with the United Nations.
They were attacked on their headquarters during a talk by Brigadier General Glenn Talbot by HYDRA operatives posing as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Later, Senator Christian Ward had a press conference revealing that his brother was a traitor and HYDRA agent. Sunil Bakshi was then held responsible for the attack.
With public opinion of the Avengers and enhanced individuals increasingly divided due to the events in New York, Washington, D.C., Sokovia and Lagos, the United Nations passed the Sokovia Accords, a set of legal documents that would police the number of enhanced individuals while simultaneously deciding where and when the Avengers would operate.
The King of Wakanda, T'Challa, appeared before the United Nations in the Vienna International Centre and revealed to the world Wakanda's true nature and his intentions to use the country's technology to help the rest of the world.
|Appearances for United Nations|
In chronological order:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Iron Man 2: Public Identity
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.19: The Only Light in the Darkness
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.18: Providence
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.06: A Fractured House
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.11: Aftershocks
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Captain America: Civil War
- ↑ Black Panther Mid-credits Scene
- ↑ The Punisher: 1.1: Danger Close