Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The United States Congress is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States consisting of two houses: the Senate and the House of Representatives.
Howard Stark's Congressional Hearing
Three days of Congressional hearings were held when inventions of Howard Stark were stolen from his mansion in New York City in 1946. Stark was viewed as a traitor by the general public because his testimony was less than convincing to Senator Webster. Stark did not attend the third day of hearings and became a fugitive, bringing him to the attention of the Strategic Scientific Reserve.
Senator Walt Cooper went to the New York Bell Company Office to congratulate Jack Thompson for quelling Johann Fennhoff's Campaign; he told the Strategic Scientific Reserve leader that he could get a Congressional medal for his work. Thompson took the credit though it was Peggy Carter who actually did most of the work.
California Senate Race
Tony Stark's Congressional Hearing
- "My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America."
- ―Senator Stern
Justin Hammer, James Rhodes, and Tony Stark were in a Congressional hearing as Senator Stern wanted the Iron Man Armors to become property of the United States Armed Forces. Stark contended that the armors were his and private property; he spoke to the audience watching the hearing, saying that he was a one-man deterrent against war and should be thanked for his effort. Stark then showed film clips that proved that other countries were not advanced enough to duplicate his technology to use as a viable weapon. He even displayed footage that Hammer Industries was not as advanced as it claimed, causing Hammer to lose his government contracts.
- "So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me."
- ―Natasha Romanoff
- "The Sokovia Accords are the law of the land now."
- ―Glenn Talbot
Though the House of Representatives found the document too encompassing, in an extremely rare act of bipartisanship, the United States Senate voted 98 to 1 approving the passage of the Sokovia Accords.
|Appearances for United States Congress|
In chronological order:
- In a deleted scene, Phil Coulson was present at the Congressional hearing of Tony Stark.
- Though never referred to as such in the MCU, Harry S. Truman was a former U.S. Senator.
- ↑ Agent Carter: 1.01: Now is Not the End
- ↑ Agent Carter: 1.08: Valediction
- ↑ Agent Carter: 2.01: The Lady in the Lake
- ↑ Agent Carter: 2.03: Better Angels
- ↑ Iron Man 2
- ↑ Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.20: Nothing Personal
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.20: Emancipation
- ↑ Iron Man 2 Deleted Scene