A collection of quotes of the android Vision.
Spoken by Vision
- "I am sorry. That was... odd."
- ―Vision's first words
- "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."
Spoken about Vision
- "The rules have changed."
"We're dealing with something new."
"The Vision is artificial intelligence."
"So, it doesn't count?"
"No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer."
"Right, different rules for us."
"Nice guy. Artificial."
"He can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision. And these days, safe is in short supply."
- ―Steve Rogers, Tony Stark and Thor
- "You're afraid."
"Of death. You're the last one."
"You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior and settled for a slave."
"I suppose we are both disappointments."
"I suppose we are."
"Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites and... try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that."
"Yes. But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them."
"You're unbearably naive."
"Well... I was born yesterday."
- ―Vision and Ultron
Spoken by Vision
- "Captain Rogers! I know you believe that what you are doing is right, but for the collective good, you must surrender now."
- ―Vision to Captain America
Spoken about Vision
- "Vis! We talked about this."
"Yes, but the door was opened so I assumed that...Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."
"Thank you. We'll be right down."
"I'll...use the door. Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest."
"We know who it is?"
"The Secretary of State."
- ―Wanda Maximoff, Vision and Steve Rogers
- "I have an equation."
"Oh, this will clear it up."
"In the 8 years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."
"Are you saying it's our fault?"
"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight... Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."
- ―Vision, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers and James Rhodes
- "'A pinch of paprika.' A pinch?"
"Is that Paprikash?"
"I thought it might...lift your spirits."
"In my defense, I haven't actually ever... eaten anything before, so..."
"No one dislikes you, Wanda."
"Oh, you're welcome. No. It's a... involuntary response in their amygdala they can't help but be afraid of you."
"My amygdala is synthetic, so..."
"I used to think of myself one way. But, after this. I am something else. And still me, I think. But... that's not what everyone else sees."
"I don't know what this is. Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities. But its true nature is a mystery and yet it is part of me."
"Are you afraid of it?"
"I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day, who knows? I may even control it."
"I don't know what's in this but it is not paprika. I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in 20 minutes."
"Alternatively, we could order a pizza?"
"Vision, are you not letting me leave?"
"It is a question of safety."
"I can protect myself."
"Not yours. Mr. Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the Accords are on a... more secured foundation."
"And what do you want?"
"For people to see you... as I do."
- ―Vision and Wanda Maximoff
- "Clint! You should not be here."
"Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit?"
"Please consider the consequences of your actions."
"Okay, they're considered. Okay, we gotta go. It's this way."
"I've caused enough problems."
"You gotta help me, Wanda. Look, you wanna mope, can go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass. Shit! I knew I should've stretched."
"Clint, you can't overpower me."
"I know I can't. But she can."
"Vision, that's enough. Let him go. I'm leaving."
"I can't let you."
"If you do this... they will never stop being afraid of you."
"I can't control their fear, only my own"
- ―Vision, Hawkeyeand Scarlet Witch