- "You guys were radically overcharging customers on their transactions."
- ―Scott Lang
VistaCorp is a company specializing in security systems.
To be added
- "I didn't rob anyone; robbery implies the use of violence. I burgled them; I'm a cat burgler."
- ―Scott Lang
At some point, Vistacorp hired Scott Lang, who eventually discovered that Vistacorp were overcharging their customers. At first, he thought it was simply a coding error and changed it. He realized the company was intentionally doing this to their customers for financial gain when Geoff Zorick ordered Lang to revert his many corrections. When Scott went to Human Resources to report this, Zorick fired him. Angered by VistaCorp's larceny, Lang broke into the VistaCorp headquarters to hack their systems and pay back the money to Vistacorp's customers. He then broke into Geoff Zorick's Mansion and stole several items before he got carried away and drove Zorick's car into the mansion's pool, leading to his arrest.
Zorick attended court to press charges towards Lang and became pleased with Lang's sentence to prison.
- "You seem very unrepentant Scott, you can see why so many of us have trouble believing your side of the story."
"Yeah, so many of you who get paid by Vistacorp. I'm getting tired of your biased accusations."
- ―Christine Everhart and Scott Lang
Lang was interviewed by Christine Everhart at WHiH Newsfront. They talked about the reason behind his heist at Vistacorp; however, Lang felt that the news station was being unfair, due to Vistacorp being one of their financial backers. His animosity towards the remarks made by the seemingly biased news anchor, caused him to slam his hand onto the desk in frustration, resulting in him getting tased.
- "Scott, I've been watching you for a while. Ever since you robbed Vistacorp. Oh, excuse me, burgled Vistacorp. Vista's security system is one of the most advanced in the business, it's supposed to be unbeatable but you beat it. "
- ―Hank Pym
Hank Pym, having heard of Scott Lang's prison sentence for breaking into the Vistacorp Headquarters, hacking their systems and paying back the money VistaCorp had been stealing from their users, Pym became fascinated by Lang's selfless act to help people being cheated by the company and his skill in hacking one of the most advanced security systems in the world. After watching him for a while, Pym decided that Scott was the man to recruit for his mission.
|Scott Lang||Electrical Engineer||Fired/Alive|
- WHiH World News is a property of Vistacorp.