|For other uses, see Wasp (disambiguation)|
The Wasp Suit is an advanced Pym Particle-based suit, similar to the Ant-Man Suit. The first suit was created by Hank Pym and his wife Janet van Dyne for the latter's heroics. A modernized version of the suit originally made by the two is currently being finalized by Pym and his daughter Hope.
During the 1980s, Janet van Dyne had convinced her husband, Dr. Hank Pym, better known then as Ant-Man, to allow her to assist him in his S.H.I.E.L.D. operations. He agreed and took her on as his partner and dubbed her Wasp. As such, he developed for her a specialized shrinking suit similar to his own but with specialized wings attached to the back and a visor in her helmet. She became a natural at using the suit and being a hero overall. Several years later, she heroically sacrificed herself to prevent a Russian nuclear missile from destroying the United States. In the process, she deactivated her Pym Particle Regulator and shrank between the molecules to disarm it, disappearing into a subatomic Quantum Realm.
Some time before her supposed death, Janet was working with her husband on a new version of her suit with a new design and several upgrades. This version was still unfinished by the time Pym showed it to his daughter Hope van Dyne, though they restarted the project and began to finish for Hope to use in honor of her mother.
- Flight: Utilizing four artificial insect-like wings on the suit's upper back, the user can fly at impressive speeds and maneuver with great ease and agility. The wings can be compressed and hidden inside a backpack within seconds.
- Size Manipulation: Like the Ant-Man Suit, the suit works by using the Pym Particles in the belt to reduce the distance between the user's atoms, making her smaller and compacting her body's physical structure to the point that she shrinks down to the size of an insect. Her strength and structural density are compacted as well, allowing for her to gain superhuman strength and near-invulnerability when shrunk.
- Stingers: The Wasp suit possesses two gauntlets capable of firing bolts that are powerful enough to blast a man backward.
- Grappling Anchor: The Stingers can also fire a grappling line that can anchor and tether the user to the surface she fired at, with the line then being attached to the waist.
- Disc Launcher: The right Stinger can launch a Pym Particle Disk at a target.