|For other uses, see Watchdogs (disambiguation)|
- "The government is keeping secrets, things we don't know until cities fall out of the sky. The Avengers, more like them every day, protected, hidden. Not anymore! We want this information released, a list of who they are, where they are or you will have war on your hands. We are the Watchdogs. You will obey."
- ―Watchdog Alpha
The Watchdogs are an armed, radical hate group with plans to eliminate the Inhumans.
- "Do you even hear what you're saying? You sound like one of those hate groups that's been trolling the Internet... the... the Watchdogs or whatever they're calling themselves."
- ―Daisy Johnson
Following the Inhuman Outbreak, the Watchdogs formed negative opinions of the Inhumans in general, and regularly posted these opinions on the internet. Disillusioned former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Felix Blake joined them and provided the group with Nitramene as well as intel on an Advanced Threat Containment Unit storage facility. The Watchdogs used the implosive substance to destroy the facility, killing the personnel within, and broadcasted the terrorist act, gaining the full attention of Phil Coulson, director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Conflict with S.H.I.E.L.D.
When Blake gave his next orders to members of the Watchdogs, Alphonso Mackenzie and his younger brother Ruben Mackenzie showed up at the barn where they were meeting. The group became convinced that the two of them were Inhumans. They tracked the brothers back to their home and attacked them, only to be defeated.
Five members of the Watchdogs were ambushed by Hive and Hellfire where they ended up defeated. Afterwards, Hive had Holden Radcliffe subject them to the Terrigenesis by using the Kree Blood and the Hive's parasites on them. This resulted combination transformed the five members of the Watchdogs into the Inhuman Primitives.
The Watchdogs made a deal with Victor Ramon that he would give them the Peruvian 0-8-4. In a warehouse in Baltimore, Ramon showed a group of Watchdogs the weapon and wanted to demonstrate its power on the handcuffed Inhuman Yo-Yo Rodriguez. However, Quake came and defeated the Watchdogs while Alpha Dog accidentally killed Ramon with the weapon.
Some criminal organizations, such as the Aryan Brotherhood and Chinatown Crew started to work for the Watchdogs for the money. However, the vigilantes Quake and Ghost Rider fought against them and prevented their crimes.
Senator Ellen Nadeer funded some of the Watchdogs to a global attack on the Inhumans with advanced equipment. They put EMP devices in several major cities in the world, and the list of Inhumans they got from S.H.I.E.L.D.. Once the first EMP hit Miami, an unidentified Watchdogs operative released a footage of him presenting himself as an Inhuman who demanded the cancellation of the registration of Inhumans, and threatened that more cities will be attacked if they do not follow his demands. This caused the public to go against the Inhumans, with Senator Naderr attacked the Inhumans on television. A Watchdogs squad entered a party in Miami searching for an Inhuman. They detected Elena Rodriguez, but S.H.I.E.L.D. agents stopped them. The agents found the EMP device and light the city back.
The Watchdogs operator called Nadeer and informed her that his men had killed 17 Inhumans around the world, despite S.H.I.E.L.D.'s interfering.
Quake fought against Watchdogs soldiers and took from them a list of Inhumans. The Inhuman JT James created an alliance with the Watchdogs in which he finds them Inhumans and he will be the last Inhuman to die. The Watchdogs ambushed Quake and Agent Jemma Simmons in a public storage with the help of James. However, the two managed to escape by the help of Agents Phil Coulson and Alphonso Mackenzie.
Agents Coulson, Melinda May and Quake entered the section in prison South Ridge Penitentiary where the new recruits to the Watchdogs were in their cells. They mocked the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents for protecting the Inhumans. Suddenly, Lucy Bauer appeared and freed all the prisoners. The Watchdog prisoners then chased the three. In the cafeteria, Quake blocked the exit and fought against them alone. She managed to defeat many prisoners, but as she was almost killed, Coulson and May used I.C.E.R.s to defeat the rest of the prisoners.
Hunted by S.H.I.E.L.D.
Ellen Nadeer organized a group of Watchdogs led by Tucker Shockley to kill her Inhuman brother, Vijay. Once Nadeer brought him to them, Shockley was ready to shoot him, but Vijay convinced Ellen that he was cured from it. Shockley did not believe it and called the Superior for orders. The Superior said to Schokley to kill the Inhuman. As they tried to do so, Vijay managed to overcome them. Only when S.H.I.E.L.D. arrived did they escape the place on an helicopter. Nadeer shot her brother and asked the Watchdogs to dispose of his body.
Holden Radcliffe, a scientist and a fugitive of S.H.I.E.L.D. turned to Senator Nadeer for help. She explained he would have to meet the Superior for any help. The Superior, Anton Ivanov, learned from Radcliffe about the Darkhold, and how it could help them eliminate the Inhumans. Ivanov had Billy Koenig captured and they had discovered the Darkhold was in the Labyrinth safe. Shockley, his men and Radcliffe went there and returned to the Watchdogs Submarine with the book.
Radcliffe gave Ivanov some Terrine Crystals which he wanted to expose them to Senator Nadeer to make sure she was not an Inhuman. Surprisingly, Shockley turned out to be an Inhuman and he was later captured by S.H.I.E.L.D.. Ivanov learned it from Shockley after the latter escaped the custody, so he planned to use Shockley to fight against S.H.I.E.L.D.. Shockley was arrested again, but the Inhuman Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Jeffrey Mace, was captured by the Watchdogs.
During Mace's interrogation, Ivanov discovered he was not an Inhuman after all. Once S.H.I.E.L.D. arrived to rescue the Director, Ivanov was seriously wounded by Quake. He was then given a robotic body by Radcliffe's Life-Model Decoy assistant, Aida, so he would serve her plans.
After the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Phil Coulson and Melinda May escaped from the Framework where they had been locked and sought to take control of the Ivanov Oil Platform in which they had been imprisoned, the Watchdogs decided to abandon and destroy their base while escaping with their submarine.
|Ellen Nadeer||Secret Benefactor||Deceased|
|Tucker Shockley||Member||In Custody|
|Yuri Zaikin||Assassin||In Custody|
|Viktor Orlov||Assassin||In Custody|
- Giyera †
- Aryan Brotherhood - Employees
- Chinatown Crew † - Former Employees
- JT James/Hellfire - Enemy turned Ally
- Victor Ramon †
- Holden Radcliffe †
- Aida †
- Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider
|Appearances for Watchdogs|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, the Watchdogs are an extremist right-wing group, fighting to impose what they see as the traditional American moral values where they have crossed paths with Captain America many times. However, they were actually funded by Red Skull who sought to undermine the United States of America from within.
- Yo-Yo Rodriguez called them Perros rabiosos, which is Spanish for "rabid dogs."
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.14: Watchdogs
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.20: Emancipation
- ↑ [Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot: 1.05: Deal Beaker
- ↑ [Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot: 1.06: Justicia
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.01: The Ghost
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.03: Uprising
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.04: Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.05: Lockup
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.09: Broken Promises
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.10: The Patriot
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.11: Wake Up
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.12: Hot Potato Soup
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.13: BOOM
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.14: The Man Behind the Shield
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.15: Self Control
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.21: The Return