The Web-Shooters are a pair of wrist-mounted mechanical devices developed and used by Spider-Man to project synthetic webbing.
Creation and Use
- "Is this stuff coming out of you?"
- ―Sam Wilson
The Web-Shooters and Web Formula were designed and built by Peter Parker himself using homemade materials shortly after he gained his powers. Parker then started using them to fight crime in New York City. When Tony Stark met Parker to recruit him for the Clash of the Avengers, the web-shooters were the only part of Peter's original costume which Tony Stark didn't mock. When Stark mentioned that he might tell May Parker about Peter's double life, Peter used the web-shooter to web Stark's hand to the door handle before awkwardly helping him remove the webbing.
The Web-Shooters were upgraded by Tony Stark after Peter Parker joined him against Captain America. A holographic "Spider-Signal" was added to the shooters along with communication options. Peter used them in the Clash of the Avengers, notably using them to traverse the battlefield and snatch away Captain America's Shield. He then employed them against Falcon and the Winter Soldier, webbing them to the floor of the airport terminal. As he duelled with the Captain himself, he used the web-shooters to keep him off balance until Captain America broke out of the webbing. When Ant-Man used the Pym Particles to become a goliath, Parker used the web-shooters to save War Machine from crashing into a fuel tank. He then used them to tangle Ant-Man's legs, allowing Iron Man and War Machine to knock down him down.
Peter began to use the web-shooters around his neighbourhood. When he received the invite for Tony Stark's NBA party, he had just finished webbing up a criminal for the police to arrest. A week later, Happy Hogan sent Parker out to buy crackers for the party, saying that he would make the trip faster with his web-slinging. Parker quickly webbed up two criminals attempting to steal a television before making his way to the convenience store and back to Avengers Tower.
This section requires expansion
- Regular Web-Shooting: The web-shooters are capable of shooting thin strands of extremely durable and elastic web-like substance. The high tensile strength of the synthetic webbing is sufficient to support the weight of large vehicles such as buses and trucks. Spider-Man is able to use the web-shooters offensively by "webbing" his opponents, and can also use them for transport by swinging on web-lines. The web-fluid impressed Tony Stark who exclaimed the tensile strength was "off the charts".
- Regular Web-Shooting: The web-shooters are capable of shooting thin strands of extremely durable and elastic web-like substance much like the previous Web-Shooters.
- Ricochet Web: To be added
- "Ah. Web grenade."
- Web Grenade: To be added
- Splitter Webs: To be added
- Taser Webs: To be added
- This version of Peter Parker has web cartridges attached to the waistline of his suit, allowing him to easily refill his web-shooters whenever he runs out.