Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Be careful which path you travel down, Strange; stronger men than you have lost their way."
Retrieving the Dark Scepter
Wong had been tasked with locating and securing the Dark Scepter. A object of immense power the Scepter had been stolen by a woman who had grew scornful against the world. Wong tracked her down to London and attempted to take the Staff off her. However the power of the Dark Scepter proved to immense and the woman managed to escape. Back at Kamar-Taj, Kaecilius scorned Wong for losing the woman and the scepter however Wong insisted that with the power that the woman possessed with the Scepter the situation should be handled more reverently.
Kaecilius claimed the Wong's concentration on his own failings was the reason the mission was not a success. Fellow Masters of the Mystic Arts members Daniel Drumm and Tina Minoru then arrived and told Kaecilius that Wong's trepidation should be a sign to be careful and heed his instincts rather than just insult him. When Kaecilius asked why they were not doing their other duties Drumm told him the the situation proved serious enough that more than one member of the Masters of The Mystic was needed to subdue the thief. Kaecilius refused however and claimed that he could handle the thief himself. Wong, Drum, Minoru later arrived to find an unconscious Kaecilius who had been beaten by the thief and had underestimated the Staffs power.Kaecilius realized the others were right and decided to team up to stop the thief. Later at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, The group confronted the thief and after a grueling battle with their combined efforts they were able to overpower her and claim the Scepter. With Wong putting it with all the other mystical objects at the Sanctum Sanctorum.
Powers and Abilities
To be added
This section requires expansion
- Sling Ring: A mystical object which enables the wearer to open a fiery portal to another location.
- Wand of Watoomb:
- Masters of the Mystic Arts
- In the comics, Wong is the son of Hamir and the descendant of an ancient order of Chinese monks that, for ten generations, have served the Ancient One, the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. He served as Stephen Strange's valet and friend.
Behind the Scenes
- Benedict Wong revealed in an interview with Den of Geek that the Marvel Cinematic Universe incarnation of Wong will be quite different from his comic book counterpart, who is generally considered to be a racist stereotype: "I’m certainly not going to be the tea-making manservant. We’re heading in a different direction. He’s more of a drill sergeant. There isn’t any martial arts for Wong in Doctor Strange actually, he’s more of a drill sergeant to Kamar-Taj. He’s one of the masters of sorcery."
- Scott Derrickson revealed in an interview with Los Angeles Daily News that Wong was originally intended to be left out of Doctor Strange due to the stereotype associated with the character: "I was going to leave Wong out of the movie at first; he was an Asian sidekick manservant, what was I supposed to do with that? But once the decision was made to cast Tilda, we brought Wong back because, unlike the Ancient One, he could be completely subverted as a character and reworked into something that didn’t fall into any of the stereotypes of the comics."